Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Froggie - v. 36

What a day! I mean, I didn't party like a the rock star that I obviously am, or get all wild and crazy. Aside from the fact that it was my birthday it was pretty much your typical day and oddly enough I found myself basking in a calm this evening as I walked around one of my favorite places in the city with only one person keeping me company, myself.

So what made it so special? There are a few simple answers to that question.

First and foremost, the many texts, emails and facebook messages I received. It was so nice to hear from people I rarely talk to and get the opportunity to catch-up with them.

Also, as I stated in my post yesterday, so much has changed for me in twelve months. No, things in my life aren't exactly where I wish for them to be, but I recognize all that I do have in my life and all that I have achieved this year. I've worked really hard to get to where I am, and have a lot to show for it. This past year I have truly learned what it means to create opportunities vs. waiting for them to come to you. All this only motivates me to work just as hard, if not harder, this coming year.

During the past several weeks I've thought a lot about this next year, what I want to accomplish and the things I want to experience. Just like last year, there is a list of goals in mind. Unlike last year, it's not a map guiding me. Instead, I am leading the way.

There are some exciting things coming down the pipeline... Somewhere around the Fall I will be writing a tribute piece on my favorite author to be featured on a well-known ChickLit blog. Additionally, my BFF and I will be collaborating on a project that is currently in the development stage. I have a lot of personal goals. Goals that are so personal that not even my closest of friends know about them. It's all part of my on-going effort to be a better me - something I have always worked towards. There are professional decisions that have been made. I'm going to stop swimming up stream... or in other words it's time to take a new path when it comes to my career. I haven't been fulfilled professionally for a long time and staying on this road just weighs me down more than it lifts me up. It's time to take the road less traveled and see what that has in store for me.

It's also time for me to run away for a bit. I'm not sure when, but I do know where I want to go. It is my intention to take the dream trip I've been talking about forever and a day this year.

This year, I'm done waiting.

I have many, many more thoughts on all this, however this frog is tired so it is time for me to say good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment