Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankful

A local coffee shop that I spend time at has a chalkboard where they post questions for patrons to answer. From time-to-time I answer the current question if it happens to inspire me. Not too long ago, the following question inspired me...

"What is the best gift you've ever received?"

I didn't have to think long about this one. My answer: An amazing 2011.

Sure, in my lifetime I've gotten a lot of cool stuff, but none of those items measure of to the intangibles that life has given me this year. I have always had a lot to be thankful for, but this year definitely stands out and that is why my above answer was the only answer I could rightfully place on the coffee shop chalk board.

Sometimes when I am in the thick of things it is difficult for me to step back and recognize all the great things I have in my life. In the weeks, and days, leading up to tomorrow there has been a lot of happening that have put a damper on the spirit of Thanksgiving. I've tried hard to not let this get to me, but sometime I have not been very successful at doing so.

Tonight, I'm letting go of these challenges and focusing on the many wonderful gifts this past year has given me. I am also focusing on all the amazing people I have in my life that I could not imagine life without.

I'll spare y'all the remainder of my sap-fest . . . a lot of what is left to say is directed towards specific people, which I can do one-on-one.

I wish you all a healthy and happy Thanksgiving!


1 comment:

  1. Very nice! Hope the rest of this year (only a month left) brings a nice surprise or two your way. You so deserve it!

    ReplyDelete