Tuesday, November 1, 2011

NaBloPoMo ... Or in other words, it's National Blog Posting Month

Today I learned that November is National Blog Posting Month. The idea is to post an entry to your blog daily over the course of a month. Once upon a time, this use to be the norm for me, however life got busy and at times I struggle to come up with ideas for my entries. Once I heard about NaBloPoMo I immediately wanted to join the fun.

The timing was perfect! Today is the first day I'm posting to my new blog. I felt it would be a good way for me to recommit to blogging on more regular basis. Also, it gave me a platform to launch this new blog vs. posting some cliche "about me" introduction post. My inspiration for this post comes from the ladies at Blogher.com.

Today's Blogher writing prompt is: What is your favourite part about writing?

I struggle with writing. I always have. A lot of my frustration stems from the fact that I have a learning disability that affects my writing and reading comprehension.

I fell in love with writing during the summer of 1998 while I was a Public Relations intern at an adoption agency/maternity home in Ft. Worth, TX. Early on, my boss picked up on the fact that I did my darnedest to avoid anything that involved writing. This only caused me to get writing assignments up the you know where... It took awhile, but before I knew something just clicked, and I found myself seeking out as many writing assignments as I could get. This even yielded me a nice little portfolio of press clippings.

It shouldn't be a shock to me that I enjoy writing so much. My middle brother is a writer, and my father enjoyed writing as well (something I didn't know until summer 2010).

There are several things I enjoy about writing. It gives me an outlet to tell stories and express my thoughts and feeling on various topics. I like to think that what I have to say might help someone through a similar situation, or make him or her feel less alone in this crazy world. Or, possibly it's just as simple as someone finding entertainment from my writings. I also enjoy experimenting with various writing formats. Writing speaks to my creative. Lastly, one of my favourite things about writing is the satisfaction I feel when I find just the right words to express what I want to say. This is especially important when it comes to writing about things that mean a lot to me.

Happy National Blog Posting Month to my fellow Bloggers!

No comments:

Post a Comment