Thursday, November 17, 2011

France or Italy?

There is a list of things I want to do before I die. It was established my Junior year of high school. Back in May I wrote about this list and noted the items I had checked off it. Additionally, I mentioned some things I would add to it at this point in my life. Since rediscovering the list a few years back I have used it as a starting point for my life to do list. As long as I'm alive, I intend to make this a living document as I intend to never stop looking for new goals to achieve and experiences to have.

Every Thursday, myself and three of my friends blog about the same topic. We each take turns on picking the topic. This week, Melissa, our resident Merryland Girl, asked us to write about one thing you've never done but would really like to do at some point in your life?

One of the great things about this year has been that it as the first time in a long time that I got off my butt and started to work towards my goals and seized opportunities to try new and exciting things. Aside for a few "off" years, this is typically how I approach life.

However, there is one things I can't seem to get going on... For ten years I've been talking about taking a trip to France and Italy. I even got a mileage credit with the intention to charge everything I possibly could to the card so I could earn miles towards this trip. Back in June 2008, I was in the process of the early planning stages of this trip when I got bad news and had to post-pone the trip. Since then, I have talked about re-initiating the planning process, but haven't for one main reason. I recognize this obstacle and really want to push myself past it, but I can't seem to do that. I even came-up with "Plan C" which is one of three life plan options I put together for myself last November to kick-start things in my life again. Plan C was simple - get my passport in order, box my stuff and put it in storage, and travel overseas until every last dime I have is spent. Throughout 2011 I've even ask several of my friends where I should start - France or Italy. However, par for the course, I haven't even updated my passport. Well, that is until now ... (but that's another story.)

Since the creation of Plan C, as much as I like the idea of seeing France and Italy, other countries have been added to the agenda. France and Italy are just a starting point for a trip of a lifetime. One thing is for sure, it's not a matter of IF I take this trip, it's a matter of WHEN I take it.

Unrelated to my spectacular European travel plans, I would also like to run the Hood To Coast relay that takes place in Oregon annually. When I lived there it was neat to watch come through town. At the time I didn't think it was something I'd ever do, but now that I'm getting into races and such I can't see why it would be a stretch to think I could do such a thing. Or for that matter, maybe, I'll find races in the European cities on visit on the above mentioned dream trip.

Hmmmm . . .

Now that I've told you about some things I plan to do in my lifetime, please read what my fellow bloggers would like to do in their lifetime...

Merryland Girl (Melissa)

Mom of Many (Susanna)

Momarock (Sara)

2 comments:

  1. i hope you get to go on your trip soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Hood to Coast relay sounds like a blast! I say seize the day- do your travels, and run that race! :)

    ReplyDelete