Tuesday, November 15, 2011

15 15 15

It's 15 days into National Blog Post Month.

For the past 15 days I've been posting at lest an entry a day. Even within the first week it becomes that posting daily was more of a challenge than it sounds it would be. This has caused me to think of all the different things I could possibly write about, and remember things that have taken place in my life that I would have otherwise potentially forgotten.

There are 15 days left of posting daily. I will be interested to see what I come up with on those days. Honestly, I already have plans for the last two days of the month and the Thursday blog project has means another two days are occupied.

In honor of the past 15 days of this challenge that have passed, and the 15 yet to take place, I am committing to posting 15 thoughts tonight.

• There are only 17 more days left.... I need more time.

• I was blind-sided by the whole situation. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would be dealing with such I thing. It went against everything I stand for.

• Part of me wants to make this situation to be a long-term one. The other side of me recognizes my adult responsibilities, and knows that it can't be unless the terms changed significantly.

• I never know how to describe myself for "About Me" sections and this time is no exception.

• This 30 days of posting has been interesting. It's forced me to think about different things I can write about. Thus far, I've enjoyed writing about my Comedy Improv characters the most. It was fun to revisit them and brought back great memories.

• Monday I found out that a local community sponsors a 5 mile Turkey Trot run where instead of being professionally timed, you write your name and the amount of time you "think" it will take you to complete the run. At the end of the run you write down how long it took you and the individuals that come closest win a turkey. There is only one clock participants see and it is at the end of the race.

No timers of any sort are allowed during the run. There is no entry fee and no t-shirt. This is purely for the fun of running in a race and seeing if you can predict how long the run will take you.

I am diggin' this concept so much that I just might participate in the run.

• I didn't realize how spoiled I having a train buddy this summer until I didn't have my train buddy around anymore. It's just not the same now.

• I don't know why, but I still care.

• There are things you come across in life that make you step back and feel thankful for what you have. This is happening a lot lately. A former coworker of mine from when I lived in the Northwest has Cancer. They are a few years younger than me and never did anything, like smoking, to bring this one; however, they have Cancer. Every time I see them post about it on Facebook I think of their bravery and strength.

• Everyone loved the date 11/11/11 because it was suppose to be good luck. I loved it because of it's connection to binary. (I'm such a geek!)

• I put the worms back in the jar and sealed the lid. I was tried of looking at them. If it gets opened up again, so be it. However, it won't be me who opens the jar. I've tried to have the necessary conversation, but have not gotten a response. So for now it is what it is.

• Now if I could only put kick the elephant out of the room.

• Thus far, the new chapter has been interesting. It's relaxed and though it has an element of formality, it's just like hanging out with a friend.

• Waiting for the phone to ring with news is like waiting for a pot of water to boil.

• ***Sigh***... It's definitely been a long time since I've done one a long list of bullet points. It's been difficult to come up with 15 things. Not that there isn't things to talk about, but mainly because this cold I have is making me tired, but keeping me up at the same time. I believe it's almost finished - I hope.

I wish these bullet points were more in-depth like they have been in the past... It's not like there isn't plenty to talk about, I just don't have the energy to put it all together at this moment in time. Oh well, I guess.

1 comment: