Monday, November 14, 2011

The Woo Woo Lady

First and foremost, I feel the need to say that unlike Vivian and Miss Georgia the "Woo Woo Lady" is not a fictional character. This person does in fact exist, and is someone I have met in real life.

Prior to my visit with her, I had heard all about her from someone close to me on several occasions. Given her unique profession I never really thought our paths would cross - energy healing was a little too alternative for my liking. However, after some epic life changing events that took place my view of things changed.

My decision to go see the Woo Woo Lady was one of those, "I've got nothing to lose" kind of decisions. Everything else I was trying in order to shake the craptastic feelings was failing, so made it was time to approach the problem in a different way.

Let me explain what energy healing is for those of you that aren't familiar with it. Basically, energy healing is a type of holistic healing therapy that is use to change ones energy that they carry around with them. I realize that definition probably doesn't mean much to you, but to be quite honest, it's really hard for me to define what energy healing is exactly.

The first thing I remember about my energy healing experience was walking into the Woo Woo Lady's apartment. It was studio apartment in a prime Chicagoland location. Up until now I never told anyone, but the location was actually in the same neighborhood I had been in just a few months earlier. A neighborhood which held bad memories. I found irony in this... It's like a victim returning to the scene of a crime in some effort to gain closer; however, I didn't return on purpose and I hadn't returned to gain closer - I just wanted the uber craptastic feelings to go away.

There was very little lighting on and the first thing I was asked to do when I stepped through the door was to place my things right where I stood. The Woo Woo Lady didn't want minimal energy from the outside world to come into the unit. As I made my way into the unit, the first thing that was blaring at me was the fact that it was practically barren. I can still see the white walls and a minimal amount of furniture. There was a massage table in the middle of the room, a small card table with chairs near the kitchen, a mattress on the opposite end of the room and a bike. There might have been another chair of some sorts there as well, but I don't recall it for sure.

Before the actual session began, we sat at the small card table and I was ask to tell the Woo Woo Lady what brought me to her. I told her the basic of what had been going on in my life and then talked about how my friend recommended I try this process. After finishing my story, the Woo Woo Lady looked at me and ask me some questions that had with people in my life and vibes she was feeling. (Did I mention she's also a psychic?) Though the skeptical side of me was sure she had some sort of thorough background check on me prior to my visit, the other side was amazed and was starting to become a believer.

After our conversation it was time for me to lay on the table and get my energy healing session. The only way I can describe what I experience is to say, "it's kind of like getting a massage, but you're not getting a massage." (For the record, I was clothed during the session.) There is a facet to this experience I can never describe, I just know it was "different." Part way through the session, the Woo Woo Lady asked if I was a mother. She said I was giving off a very nurturing and caring vibe - like I had children that I took care of. I softly answered "No."

Before I knew it the session was over and it was time to get going. I was definitely more relaxed. It was a type of relaxed I hadn't felt before, and can't say I've every felt since. After paying her, I collecting my belongs that I had left at the door and made my way out of the Woo Woo Lady's surroundings.

As I waited to board my train home, I called my friend to relay the details of my experience. We both agreed that it was an indescribable experience that you just had to go through to understand.

All this took place close four years ago. I never went back to the Woo Woo Lady. I don't really think about it much. It "might" come-up if I'm talking about the detail of that time in place in my life, but that rarely ever happens anymore that the memory of that day becomes more and more distance with every passing year. It wasn't until recently when a friend of mine was talking about the open house she is having at her place of business did memories of the Woo Woo Lady come to mind. We were talking about psychics and whether or not we believed in them the memory of her comes to mind.

I struggle with the answer to the question of whether or not I believe in psychics, and with what I experienced in my energy healing session. Was my energy completely corrected that evening? NO, absolutely not. Like many things, total course correction took time. However, something did happen that night that the skeptical side of me acknowledges and give a little living space too and it is that "something" that will forever make me a bit of a believer in alternative ways to healing ones self.

1 comment:

  1. wow. i never knew you did this. it sounds very cool! i was reading "beatrice munson" recently and there was talk of energy transfers and stuff. i didn't believe that was possible till reading your post.

    ReplyDelete