Saturday, December 31, 2011

Bidding Farewell to December

I haven't done a monthly recap in awhile. Actually, I can't remember the last time I did one. Maybe sometime this summer?

Whenever my last update might have been, it has been quite sometime. Life is busy. So busy that I can't seem to squeeze everything I want to into my days. On the days that I don't have a demanding schedule I do the things I deem most necessary to get done, and then I relax. On the days a majority of the hours are scheduled, I end my day thinking about everything I didn't get done.

This month has flown by. It's gone by a lot quicker than most typical Decembers do. I thought once the LSAT was over life would slowdown. It hasn't. Since this is the case, I've made a conscious effort to slow myself down. When you've been going, going, going like I have all year there comes a moment when you have to hit the pause button -- even if it's for a brief moment.

In the past, I've typically dreaded December. Maybe I feel differently about this one because we haven't gotten any snow yet. Maybe it's because I'm no longer haunted by the awfulness that December use to represent to me. I'm not exactly sure. All I know is that despite the grey skies and chill in the air the only thing that seems to put me in a mopey mood is lack of sleep -- and that can usually be cured with a caffeine fix.

I hate saying this, but I only remember a few highlights from this month. A few gatherings to celebrate the holidays, a girls day with S, my first Blackhawks game and last minute plans to take the train home with Bostonian. A lot of my weekend plans came together at the last minute this month. As much as I'm all about planning, there is something nice about weekend plans coming together at the last minute.

This month I discovered a new talent - I can turn off my alarm without even waking up. I am quite impressed with myself considering my phone serves as my alarm clock which mean I have to first locate, and unlock, it before I can even attempt to turn it off. (It's about simple things.)

The past couple of days I've treated myself to reading what I call guilty pleasure books. To others these are known as celebrity biographies. In my world, it's a particular celebrity biography. I'm not going to name names right now, but I will say this particular celebrity has published three books, and I am in the process of reading book number three. I've been enjoying these books so much I may actually reveal my dirty little secret of whom it is I'm reading about and write something about them once I'm completely done with this current book.

I have to admit, I'm kind of excited to bid December farewell when I think of all that is coming up over the next months. More fun times with friends, new endeavors and lots of new challenges await.

So here is farewell to December... And, I guess 2011 as well!

May your 2012 be healthy and happy... and be filled with only the best life has to offer!

No comments:

Post a Comment