Thursday, December 8, 2011

Momarock

This week, for the Thursday blog project, Melissa picked the topic: Interview your partner from last week's post. Ask 10 questions, including the one you're dying to know the answer to.

Last week, I wrote about what I had learned about my partner, Sara (Momarock). This week, I sent her the following 10 questions to answer:


Why "Momarock"?

Kevin coined the nickname. He's convinced there's nothing I can't accomplish or do. I know that's not the case, but I appreciate that he feels I am super strong and tough.

If you could be any animal, what would it be and why?

Honestly? A cat. I am so envious of mine. He's always sleeping. And eating. And then sleeps some more. Who wouldn't love that kind of life?

They say life is about simple pleasures, what is your simplest pleasure, and how does it make you feel?

Getting to just sit down on the couch, go on the laptop, or watch some tv is a very simple pleasure. I have this habit of overdoing it, and not getting much time to relax. So, when I take the time to do it, there's nothing better. Reading does that for me, too. I love to cuddle under a blanket, drink some hot cocoa, and read a good book.

What do you wish people would notice more about you?

That I'm still me. When you have kids, people so often identify you by being a parent, a mother. Kids also drain the life out of you at times, and people don't get to see who I am beneath the surface. I still love to goof around, I still love to go dancing, I'm still young at heart.

Do you have a particular routine when you write? For example, do you listen to music or do you need complete silence? Is there a particular place you go to write? Etc..

It all depends on my mood. If it's a thought provoking topic, I need silence. If it's not, I can get by with the tv in the background or something. What I need for sure, is no kids around. Nolan has to be napping. I can't write with him around. It's just too difficult.

If there was one thing you knew for sure you wouldn't fail at, what would you want it to be?

A dancer. I love watching Dancing With The Stars, and So You Think You Can Dance. I love these shows, and I love dancing, but I'm no where near close to professional. I really wish I had the skill and talent to dance that well!

If you couldn't run (for whatever reason) then what activity would you participate in to keep fit and why?

I'd probably lean towards doing pilates, or yoga. It's amazing how much you feel the work outs, just by doing simple movements or poses.

Who do you admire the most?

My dad. He's in his mid 50's, and teaches a spin class 3 times a week, and races in bike marathons. He is such an inspiration. If he can keep doing it, I know I can.

What three words describe you best?

Optimistic/Emotional/Stubborn

Complete this sentence: Don't tell anyone else, but ....

I'd love to be able to do backflips. I am too old to be entertaining the idea of gymnastics, but I would love to learn backflips, and then do them as a surprise to my friends and family.

It's been a pleasure getting to know Sara. It has actually given us the opportunity to discover many more similarities than we initially knew were there.

Now that I have shared with you my interview with Sara, please take a moment to read the other interviews that took place this week:

Mom of Many (Susanna) - interviewed Merryland Girl Melissa

Merryland Girl (Melissa) - interviewed Mom of Many Susanna

Momarock (Sara) - interviewed little ol' me, Froggie a.k.a. Tracey

1 comment:

  1. Great questions and answers. I enjoyed reading this!

    ReplyDelete