Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Something a Little Different

My post tonight wasn't written for this blog.

It was published earlier today on a ChickLit blog. It's my first blog post to be published on a blog other than my own. (SO EXCITING!!!) What makes this even more special is that the post was about a new book called, "MWF Seeking BFF" by Rachel Bertsche and a "Meet the Author" event featuring Rachel discussing her year long search for a new best friend.

Prior to the event, I was asked to write about the event for Chick Lit Central: The Blog! This a fantastic site where lovers of "Chick Lit" can go discuss chick lit books, read reviews and meet authors and win new books. I was thrilled for the opportunity since I am a fan of the site and greatly interested in the many facets surrounding the topic of friendship.

See, I'm a friend person. I've had times in my life when I haven't had friends where I was living and it was awful! So, as you might imagine I appreciate the fact that I have such AWESOME friends in my life.

One of those AWESOME friends I speak of is my BFF who I've known almost 25 years. For awhile now, I've been wanting to write a tribute to my BFF on my blog -- she is an amazing person! I thought I would save this until our actual "anniversary" which is in June, but when I sat down to write this post it became obvious who I had in mind.

As one might imagine, our friendship has been a journey filled with ups and downs. We've weathered a lot... I mean A LOT! Yet we somehow always seem to come out of whatever life throws at us stronger than we were before. For a long time I thought a friendship like this was normal. I thought everyone had at least one person like my best friend, however I've learned over the past few years that I was wrong. I learned that what I have in my BFF is a rare relationship that you don't take for granted. I often fear that I take her for granted, and I've told her on many occasions.

I hope you enjoy my Chick Lit Central: The Blog! post: My New BFF --An evening with Rachel Bertsche as much as I enjoyed writing it.

1 comment: