Saturday, January 14, 2012

Just a few of my favorite things . . . .

The first time I ever heard of the cosmetics company Philosophy was about five/six years ago. A friend of the family loved their scent "Falling In Love" and we were sent on an errand to pick up a bottle of it for her birthday. Then, about four years ago my mom mentioned how much she loved their products -- mostly their fragrances, but I think she also used a few of their other products. That's when I acquired my bottle of "Falling In Love." Since then, I've also fallen in love with some of their other scents, body washes AND lip glosses. I haven't actually purchased their lip gloss -- my mom gives the one they include in the gift with purchase. However, they are awesome and I would totally purchase it for myself should mom ever stop supplying me with it. (Shhh! Don't tell her that!!!)


This week for the Thursday blog topic, Mel -- who resides in Merryland -- gave us the following topic: Oprah used to give away her "favorite things" on her show. If you were to do a show where you could give people your "favorite things," what would you include and how would you present it?

So, the first thing I'd give my audience is a whole lot of Philosophy products.

• The next thing on my list is Apple products. This shouldn't come as a surprise since I've been a member of the Mac cult for as long as I can remember. So, it's iPhones, iPads and laptops for everyone! Oh, also each product would have Apple Care to cover any problems that might occur with said electronics, a $500 iTunes gift card and a suite of accessories so each item is sure to be pimped-out.

• Blinged-out Magic 8 Balls are the next thing on my "favorite things" list, but only as a joke. I do love to ask the Magic 8 Ball lot of questions!

• A trip to Jamaica is next. Since all my audience resides in Chicago, it's just what the doctor ordered this time of year! Oh, and don't forget an American Express gift cheque for everyone -- I'm thinking a few thousand dollars would be enough to make the trip fantastic!

• Yarn. LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of soft, colorful yarn. My audience would receive a mix of high-end yarns. The fibers would include silk, cashmere and alpaca.

• Chai Lattes for all! This is the season I drink Chai Lattes like they are going out of style. So it's off to Starbucks we go -- because that is were you can get the best Chai Lattes!!!

• UGGS. Ok, ok... I fought my mom on getting these for years, however I finally gave in. I am SO glad I did. These boots ROCK! Everyone should have the experience.

I'm sure there is more I would add to my "favorite things" list, however I can't think of them at this moment. So, I'll end with just these few things. Now that you've read about my favorite things, please take a moment to read about what my fellow bloggers put on their favorite things list:


Mom of Many (Susanna)

Momarock (Sara)

Merryland Girl (Melissa)


2 comments:

  1. i like the blinged out magic 8 ball, but it HAS to be purple! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chai Lattes are better at Panera.

    ReplyDelete