Monday, September 24, 2012

Cooking: A Developing Relationship

The Thursday blog topic that Melissa wanted us to write about for last week was: Cook.

Hmmm... Me and cooking.  Not a likely combination.  Cooking is not my thing.  I'm not like some of my friends who just LOVE to cook.  I admire those who love to cook and are good at putting together different ingredients together and creating interesting and delightful food combinations.  This includes a few of my friends who are chefs and teach cooking. 

Mainly I cook because I have to eat and I'm not going to feast on processed food all the time -- YUCK!  I have just a few dishes that I can make well, but I don't even do those often because the portion sizes are too large.  As a result, I end up with a lot of leftovers and subsequently get sick of eating the same thing over and over and over, again.

The thing I do LOVE to do is bake.  I never get sick of baking -- EVER!  I don't bake for myself.  I bake, a lot, for others because it makes people happy. 

Unlike cooking, I experiment a lot with baking.  I'm just more comfortable with it.  I guess that's why I need to cook more ... so I can become more comfortable with it and maybe venture into experimenting with different ingredients. 

I guess in the end, time will tell if I do so....

Now that I've talked about my experience with cooking, see what my fellow bloggers have to say on this topic:

Merryland Girl (Melissa)

Mom of Many (Susanna)

Momarock (Sara)

No comments:

Post a Comment