Monday, August 13, 2012

Pursuing Your Passion

"It's hard for many to imagine, but having fun, feeding your passions, and engaging your talents are simple steps that will take you to the bigger answers you seek." ~ Jonathan H. Ellerby

The above quote was taken from Sara's facebook page, and the basis for the Thursday Blog Project topic this week: Pursuing your passion.

Originally, I was going to talk about how pursuing my passions have made all the difference in my life (because it totally has); however, then I attended Stitch Midwest this past weekend. (The main reason for the tardiness of this week's post.)

Aside from getting a chance to see the different types of yarn and yarn related accessories, one of the things I love about my annual trip to Stitches Midwest is the people who attend this annual yarn conference.

Year after year I am observe in awe of all my fellow fiber arts peeps who come to the conference displaying their passion for the their craft. Some of them wear their creations and I am always impressed by what they produced. (I swear one of these days I WILL make at least one sweater and shawl.)

I'm impressed by the designers ability to create such lovely designs. This year, I got to know two designers and was super impressed by their abilities. I was also impressed by how humble they were about their abilities and their willingness to talk with their followers. Also, all of them are so open to feedback about their patterns.

The other thing that struck me about this group is the willingness of people to help on another. The knitting/crochet community, like others creative communities I am part of, is a supportive one. I have yet to meet someone who has refused to teach or help someone out with what they are working on.

As I left Stitches Midwest this weekend I was thankful that I became so involved in the fiber arts community. I've made good friends as a result and discovered talents I didn't even know I had. Pursuing this passion of mine has definitely been a blessing in my life.

Now that I've talked about the topic of "Pursing Your Passion," please take a moment to see what my fellow bloggers have to say on the topic:

Momarock (Sara)

Merryland Girl (Melissa)

Mom of Many (Susanna)

No comments:

Post a Comment