Friday, August 24, 2012

Taking Inventory (And maybe some bragging as well!)

As each year comes to a close, I have a tendency to take inventory on the things I've done during the year.  Though we're not quite to the end of the year yet, give the topic for this week's Thursday Blog Project I figured why not sit-down and start my list...

Oh, btw, Melissa choose the following topic:  It's all about self-love... Compliment yourself (as many or as few compliments as you want) OR tell us about something nice you'd like to do for yourself (if money and time were unlimited). You can even do both if you want, but not required.

In my writing world... 
 •  Since April, I've written and had published six book reviews.   
 •  This also means, for all intents and purposes, I've read a book per month (which up until this year is UNHEARD OF in my world).

 •  Written three author tributes.

 •  Interviewed and wrote interview introductions for seven different authors.  A few of these pieces have even received much praise from authors and publicist.

 •  I've written one feature article and have two others slated to be published this year.

 •  A local blog has told me that I am welcome to be a contributing blogger when I am ready to write for them.


In my running world... 

 •  Completed 8 5K races since March.

 •  Expect to complete my goal of completing 12 races by the end of October. 

 •  Anticipate completing 14, possibly 15 races by the end of the year.

 •  Recovering from my races more quickly than I use too. 


In my crafting world... 

 • Have established several solid relationships within yarn dyers and manufactures.

•. Someone I know actually offered to help me weave in the ends of the above mentioned blankie.  (Which is such a blessing!)

•  Currently in the process of a selfish knitting project for the first time in a VERY LONG TIME!!!

In my volunteering world... 

 •  Was a Project Manager for a volunteer project that finished up in January.

 •  Was made an Account Director for my next volunteer project, and it is with an organization whose mission has a very special place in my heart.


As I look over this list, I can't help but feel like I'm missing something... OH!  I TOTALLY AM!!!


In my pie world... 

 • I learned to make pie from scratch this year... and it is KICK-ASS PIE!!! 
 (I'd list how many pies I've made since I learned this past May, but I've sorta of lost track. Ooops!)

AND...

Can't forget my precious Elsie.  I know she isn't an "accomplishment" but she has truly been a joy in my life.  (And personally speaking..  I know I got the better end of the deal on this one!)

Even though I've done all these AWESOME things, the greatest thing I've done this year is spend more time with my mom and family.  Last year I was around much because I was preoccupied with LSAT stuff and I promised my mom at the beginning of the year I would spend more time with everyone.  I have not only kept my promise, but I think I've exceeded my mom's expectations of that promise.  At the end of the day, I think that is what matters the most!

Now that I've taken inventory, and bragged a little like Melissa asked us too, see what my fellow bloggers had to say about this week's topic:

Mom of Many (Susanna)

Merryland Girl (Melissa)

Momarock (Sara)

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading this. Sounds like quite a productive year. :)

    ReplyDelete