Monday, June 24, 2013

One More to Stanley Cup Victory #Blackhawks

This past weekend I went on a long weekend, thus the reason I haven't posted my Thursday Blog Project post for this past week.  For last week's Thursday Blog Project, I asked the group to write about:  Are you superstitious? If so, tell us about one of your superstitious. If not talk about why. 

This trip of mine is also the reason I didn't watch the Stanley Cup Finals Saturday night - or at least the
fact that I was out and about that night is my excuse.  See, truth be told, I haven't watch a full game since the Blackhawks lost to the Kings on June 4th even though I would REALLY like to.

During regular season I did in fact watch Hawks game.  I tried to make it to a game at the United Center, but they were on strike when I was suppose to go.  However, when it comes to post season games that's when my superstitious ways kick in.  See I have this belief that if I watch VERY IMPORTANT games and a team really would like to wni said game, such as the Blackhawks, is contender I fear they will lose.

A lot of my friends have been telling me I'm silly for believing, and I even think it's silly.  It's just that once I convince myself it is in fact silly and allow myself to watch the game the team I'm rooting for ends up losing.  Even when I've convinced myself it's ok to flip to the game just for a few minutes it happens.  So, instead, I don't watch these games and catch the highlights in the post game show.

All I can say is that you have NO IDEA how much this kills me.  (You have no idea how much it kills me that I missed the game where the Hawks finally won in TRIPLE overtime.)  I'm waiting to be proven wrong.  I'm waiting for one of my favorite teams to lose on a night I don't watch, but it has yet to happen. 

This weekend, one of the people I met while on my trip said her husband is the same way.  I was happy to hear there are other people in the world like me.  It makes me feel a little bit better about this "quirk" of mine.

One last thing before I sign-off ... LET'S GO HAWKS!!!!

Now that I've told you about one of my supertitions, please take a moment to read what my fellow bloggers have to say:


Momarock (Sara)

Merryland Girl (Melissa)

Mom of Many (Susanna)

2 comments:

  1. I love how into sports you are. We're definitely opposites in that respect. LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that is for sure a difference between us... but I still love you anyhow! ;)

      Delete