Sunday, February 10, 2013

Confessions of a Clubbing Diva?

On many occasions, I've written about songs that have meaning for me.  In 2011, I took on the Facebook 30 day song challenge by writing about each of my selection on my blog.  In a prior Thursday Blog Project I wrote about some of my favorite songs.  This week, for the Thursday Blog Project, Sara asked us to write about: When you hear certain songs, who do they make you think of, and why?

I uttered the phrase, "When I was in my 20's..." a lot today.  I mean so much I could have made some good money if I was paid a dollar for each time I said it.  As I sat tonight trying to write about the "other" dedication I was going to make for this week's topic my mind began to wander ... Next thing I knew I was thinking about the clubbing I use to do in when I was "in my 20's".  Of course I had to play some of my favorite clubbing favorites.  As soon as I heard these tunes all the great memories of of my clubbing days came flooding back.

One of my friends once said to me they were glad Facebook wasn't around when we were in college and in our 20's.  I concurred with that statement.  SO, SO, SO glad!  The only witnesses to the indiscretions of that time period are the friends who where there to witness it.

Most of the time, club outings were with good friends who weren't surprised by my clubbing ways; however, there was periodically the rare occasion when I would let someone see a less reserved side of me.... needless to say this came as a shock to these folks.

Though I have countless stories from those days, the one that makes me smile the most was when I went to a club in Tel Aviv.  That night was EPIC!  Anyone from my tour that saw me that night didn't look at me the same for the remainder of the trip. (I guess that's what happens when the quiet one comes out of their shell.)  I can still see the look on our group's armed soldier's face when she saw me dancing.  The next day, she said to me "I saw you last night."  (Those were the only words she uttered to me the whole trip.)  Our tour guide made a comment to me as well.  (Again, I guess that's what happens when you are the "quiet one" and you break out of your shell for a moment.)  Needless to say, anyone who was on the tour with me who saw me that night never saw me the same way from there on out.)

These days, the only dancing I do is when I'm home.  It's been awhile since I've been out dancing, but not as long as many as some would think. However, truth be told the last time I did go out dancing it wasn't quite the same as the days that I speak of in this post.  So, I'm choosing to dedicate this post to my clubbing day.  To my friends who joined me on those outings and the great adventures we use to have.  And to the individual who made my night out at that Tel Aviv night club.... unforgettable!

(And yes, I realize I've been awfully vague in this post and there aren't many confessions, but some things are best confessed offline.)

Though isn't the song that will forever define my Israel trip, it is the song I think of when I reminisce about "the good ol' days".


Now that I've made my song dedication, please take a moment to read about my fellow bloggers dedications:

•  Momarock (Sara)

 •  Merryland Girl (Melissa)

•  Mom of Many (Susanna)

1 comment:

  1. That song will always make me think of working at T-Mobile because Adrian would play it all the time. I am pretty sure you told me about your Tel Aviv clubbing moment. :) It's been a while though...

    ReplyDelete