Saturday, February 2, 2013

Brand Loyal?

This week for the Thursday Blog project, I asked the group to write about brand loyalty.  More specifically: This week is about brand loyalty. Is it a good thing? Bad thing? Is there a brand(s) that it would take a vast shift in the universe to get you to stop using?"
I am, without a doubt, often brand loyal.  When I find something that works for me, getting me to change is difficult.  See, though there some people have the perception that I LOVE change, the truth of the matter is that I don't.  If I find something that works for me (in any area of my life) I stick with it.  It would take a massive shift in the universe to get me to change.

Normally I'd tell you that this is a good thing.  If you find something that works for you stick with it.  However, recently I discovered the "model" of running shoe I've been wearing for the past year and a half has been discontinued.  I was devastated.  Of course, my first thought was to either find one of the last remaining pairs in the world to replace my shoes that are nearing the end of their life, but then I thought maybe I would just try the new "model" of the shoe.  Why would I even consider trying a different brand?

"Why would I even consider trying a different brand?"  As I was browsing the Asics site (the brand of running shoe I wear) I began asking myself that questions.  The only answer I could come up with was that it was a brand I was familiar with and worked for me so why wouldn't I buy another pair?  Then... I began to wonder what I was missing.  S does love her New Balance shoes...  That's when I decided maybe it was time to just look at other brands.  I figure at the very least it will reconfirm my commitment to Asics.

This back and forth is what I go through with other items - especially when it's a pricey purchase.  Though I always look for the best price I can get on things, what I've learned over the years is that if I'm going to invest the money in something I'd rather invest some extra money and know I'm going to get good quality than take the cheaper route and end up buying the same thing again sooner than I would have with something a bit more expensive.

I guess at the end of the day by loyalty to a brand depends on how much I like that brand.

Now that I've given you some of my thoughts on brand loyalty, please take a moment to see what my fellow bloggers have to say about it:


 •  Momarock (Sara)

•  Merryland Girl (Melissa)

•  Mom of Many (Susanna) 

2 comments:

  1. I switched sneaker brands this past time and I don't know that I'm 100% satisfied with the new brand. If I can find something else in the old brand, I'll get that next time. Comfort is definitely key when it comes to shoes! Especially for exercise purposes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot about my own brand loyalty to my running shoes! I've been getting Brooks for the past few years now, since I've had such great luck with them. My husband is a huge Asics fan. To each his own, for sure. Great post!!!

    ReplyDelete