Saturday, February 16, 2013

My Current "Crush"

Once upon a time I use to "farm".  Now I don't know if people still "farm", but if you have, or still do, then you know what I'm talking about.  You might have not "farmed", but you still knows what I mean.  Then there is the group that never "farmed", nor will they have and have no clue what I'm talking about. With that in mind I will say: I use to be a Farmville fanatic.

Farmville was the first Facebook group I really got into.  So much so that I would plan my crops around my daily schedule.  However, eventually I stopped playing that game.  A year or two later it was Zuma that I was hooked on.  Zuma was a little different from Farmville in that it was a game I use to play a lot when I had access to an Xbox 360.  So, even though I was playing the game via Facebook it was something I became hooked outside of that platform.

My recent gaming "crush" is on the game Candy Crush Saga.  In the simply put, Candy Crush Saga is a puzzle game where you crush candy to create special sweets such as striped candy, wrapped candy and rainbow candy.  On some levels the object is to attain a particular score, on others it's to break all the "jellies".

Beside this being a puzzle game, the marketing side of me can't help kicking in.  If you play this game with the music and sound effects it's hard not to miss words like "delicious"  being used throughout.  Part of me wonders how many people end up craving candy after playing this game with those sound effects going.  Personally, I ended up turning them off because they were starting to annoy me, and I didn't want to take the chance that I would start craving candy.

I hardly eat candy anymore... or at least not as much as I use to eat it.  The only candy I have these days are Starburst Jelly Beans and even when I eat those I only eat one serving - at the most.  I mention all this as for the Thursday Blog Project Melissa asked us to write about:  Candy.

Now that I've told you about my "candy crush", please take a moment to see what my fellow bloggers have to say about the topic:

 •  Merryland Girl (Melissa)

•  Momarock (Sara)

•  Mom of Many (Susanna)

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering if anyone played that. Sounds interesting. The only game I ever did on FB was Song Pop and then I had no time to do it after a while. It was so addictive!
    Candy Crush reminds me of Sugar Rush from Wreck-It Ralph even though they're not the same at all. I just pair them in my head.

    ReplyDelete