Sunday, January 27, 2013

A Little Bit of This; A Little Bit of That

This week for the Thursday Blog Project, Susanna asked us to write about the following:  What do you collect? Why is this a reflection of you?

At first the only thing that came to mind is that I collect frog items.  I've been doing this for as long as I can remember.  Actually, I have a frog item in every room of my place.  Sometimes it's obvious, and other times not so much - I don't want there to be overkill.  I've been collecting frog stuff since I was attending school at TCU - aka, "The Horned Frogs".  My first frog item was a Beanie Baby frog - named "Legs" - from my mom as a Valentine's Day gift.  (She put it in a Starbucks travel mug so I also got that for VDay, too.)  However, after college my love of frogs lingered on.  I'm not sure what this says about me, but I figured as long as I don't over do it I don't really need to think about what it says about me.

The coolest shot glass in my collection
Another thing I collect is shot glasses.  Though this isn't such an odd thing to collect, I actually collect shot glasses from places I've never been to.  It started about four years ago when a friend of mine got me a few of them from the cities she had been to for work.  Since I didn't do a lot of travel at the time I thought it was funny.  Now a days, I still ask people to bring me back a shot glass from their vacations if it is a place I've never been and don't anticipate every going to.  (And I never expect people to pay for them.)  However, I have a few "one off" glasses from the few places I've traveled to recently or other special glasses.  The thing this collection says most to me is that I have to travel more.  It was a message I took to heart more in 2012 and hope I can do a fair share of in 2013, too.

The last collection I'll write about it my book collection.  Since I joined the Chick Lit Central team I've obtained quite a few books.  When I started doing book reviews for CLC I totally expected my book collection would grow , however I didn't expect it multiply like it has.  Even though I'm done reading a lot of them I can't seem to let go of them.  It's like a part of me expects that I'll read them again.  Honestly, I find this collect just humorous in general because a few years I MAYBE picked up one book, whereas last year I read and reviewed 16 books.  My how times have changed!!!

Now that I've talked about my collections, please take a moment to read what my fellow bloggers have to say about theirs......

 •  Momarock (Sara)

•  Merryland Girl (Melissa)

•  Mom of Many (Susanna) 

3 comments:

  1. I hope some day you'll be able to collect a shot glass from NE! ;) Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sara, I'd LOVE to add one from NE to my collection!

      Delete
  2. i enjoyed reading about your collections and am proud to have contributed one of the shot glasses. :)

    ReplyDelete