Sunday, January 20, 2013

Measuring A Year

This week for the Thursday Blog Project, Melissa asked the group to write about the following:  In "Seasons of Love" from the musical "Rent," they ask "How do you measure a year?" Throughout the song, they list the ways in which one might do so. ("In daylights, in sunsets, in midnights, in cups of coffee...") Talk about how YOU measure a year. 

WOW!  That is a great question!  For some one who reflects upon the past, often, this is a difficult one for me to answer right now.  Not because I don't know how I measure a year, but due to the fact that I have been "measure a year" a lot lately.

Thing in my life are in flux at the moment - a lot of flux actually.  To say "when it rains it pours" feels like an understatement.  I am overwhelmed, but thankfully it's in a good way.  Even though I have been looking back a lot it's hard for me to write about it right now.

In another life, I would have written about it on this blog while it was happening; however, that's not me anymore which is one way I can measure a year (or even two).  I guess that is one things I can note - what I write about has vastly changed since I started blogger, and surely changes year to year.

I apologize for my lack of content on this one.  Again, it has a lot to do with what is going on in my life right now.  Please take a moment to see how my fellow bloggers measure a year:


 •  Momarock (Sara)

•  Merryland Girl (Melissa)

•  Mom of Many (Susanna) 

1 comment: