Thursday, December 11, 2014

Are you my Hero or a Zero?

For this week’s Thursday Blog topic, Denise chose: Is there a celebrity scandal that would really upset you, simply because you love that celebrity/hold him or her in high esteem? Has it already happened? If there’s no celebrity, is there a person in your real life like that?

This topic was inspired by the Bill Cosby rape accusations that are currently playing out in the media.  I have to admit, I didn't want to believe them.  There is no way "Dr. Huxtable" was a serial rapist.  No way!  No how!  I refuse to believe it!  However, once I got over my initial shock I realized that it COULD be possible.

With all that said, I'm not going to express my thoughts on the Bill Cosby matter in great detail, but I have admit it did shock me when I first heard the reports.

I'm not sure what other celebrities/high profile individuals would shock/upset me as well.  The person in my real life I would be most shocked about is The Mensch.  Over the years I've used a lot of nicknames for the people in my life I write about to protect their privcacy, however using the nickname for The Mensch is not all about privacy, it is also because this person is the epitome of a mensch.

The Mensch is someone who just randomly came into my life earlier this year and I cannot say enough wonderful things about him.  His family, and all those who come in contact with him - including me - are so fortunate.  With that in mind, I could NEVER in a million years imagine The Mensch doing something that wasn't above board or scandalous.

Now, don't get me wrong, he's not perfect.  However, again, I just can't imagine it and if something were to come out.  Yeah, my world would be shattered.  The mensch is just one of many I feel that way about.

  On the flip side, there have been people I've known that were accused of crimes and at first I was freaked out, but then thought, "Yeah, I can totally see them doing that."  I think the thing that freaked me out the most was when I was asked to write a character letter for a person who was charged with a crime.  Yeah... there is a very short list of people I would do write that kind of letter for and this person was not one of them.

Now that I've talked about my thoughts on this topic, please see what my fellow bloggers have to say: 


Momarock (Sara)

Merryland Girl (Melissa)

Darwin Shrugged (Denise)



2 comments:

  1. I agree about the Mensch. I've never met him and I feel like I know him anyway and would feel vicariously let down if he were to ever be involved in a scandal.
    I remember the story about the character letter. Too crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It always freaks me out when I hear these stories, where the perp is always someone people would never, ever expected! That's always one of the first things said when a crime is committed. Great post!

    ReplyDelete