Wednesday, December 10, 2014

2014

It's been sometime since I participated in the Thursday Blog Project - and even this one is late.  Unfortunately, it isn't the first time I've had a gap in posting like this, but I guess this is one of those times when I have to say "it is what it is." (Man! I don't like that saying, yet it's so fitting.)

The inspiration for this week's topic: Unimaginable, was taken from Dina Silver, an author I recently interviewed for Chick Lit Central. I felt like it was fitting since 2014 has been such an amazing year for me.  Seriously, I would have never imagined the adventures I'd be taking, the opportunities I'd get and the amazing people that would come into my life.

Since I mentioned Chick Lit Central, I'll start there.  I'm still working for CLC.  I'm not as involved as I use to be, or that I want to be for that matter.  Hopefully I'll get more involved again in the near future.  In the meantime, I'm still conducting author interviews - which is something I really enjoy.  I've done this over the years for fun and to get experience with journalist interviewing with the hope that it would lead to freelance work.  Overtime, it's been great to have on my resume and has provided me with a lot of sample of my work.  At one point this experience landed me a Public Relations internship.  This year it landed me a freelance piece with the Jewish United Fund of Metropolitan Chicago's magazine, JUF News.  I got the job through a "twist of fate" type situation and was so excited when it happened.  It was especially exciting because the author I got to interview, Maggie Anton, is someone whose characters are strong, Jewish women.  The timing was perfect as I tried to figure out where my feminist beliefs fit in with my newly obtained religious practice. It was an "unimaginable" thing to be doing.

Of course training for, participating in and finishing the Chicago Marathon was unimaginable as well.  I still can't believe I got a lottery space and really followed through to the finish line.  Okay, yes, I am someone who does everything in their power to make something happen when they really want it, but like I've said before I didn't know I wanted it, or for that matter how badly I wanted it, until it was right in front of me.  Whenever I think of this accomplishment, I smile and feel a lot of pride.  I also feel like a rock star.  I also look forward to the other marathons I do in the coming years.

This year also found me propelled forward career wise - to a degree.  It's been a nice push.  When the first set of events took place that caused this forward motion I wasn't sure it was for the best, but I stayed strong, and positive, that it was going somewhere better.  As I currently navigate through further unknown circumstances I remain positive that I'm heading in the right direction.  In terms of my volunteer work, I was recently appointed to be the Account Director for a Taproot Foundation project for the third time.  In addition to the fact that I love being in the AD role, this time the client I'm working with is very well-known in the area and internationally.  It's very surreal and I'm so thankful to be given this opportunity.  I hope I can arise to the occasion!

Lastly, as I look back on 2014, I think about all the amazing people I have in my life.  Like with other years people have come and gone over the past year, however I truly feel the ones who are stayed are amazing and it's unimaginable to have them in my life. 

Also, this summer my BFF and I marked 27 years of friendship.  Though I hate singling people out, I'm going to because ... well, she's my BFF.  This particular year I feel our friendship has reach a new level of love, admiration and respect.  To mark this year's Friendaversary we recreated on of our favorite pictures from our childhood when I visited her this past Fall.  It is unimaginable that there was ever a time we didn't know one another and that we actually didn't talk for a period of time.  I'm truly fortunate to have her in my life.


Now that I have talked about the Unimaginable, please take a moment to see what my fellow bloggers have to say on the topic:

Momarock (Sara)

Merryland Girl (Melissa)

Darwin Shrugged (Denise)





1 comment:

  1. AWWWW! Thanks! *HUGS* You know the feeling is mutual. :)
    I'm so glad CLC has opened doors for you. I'd love for you to do more writing pieces for the blog and you're always welcome to review more books. :) (Before Moma Rock "hogs" them all... ;) )

    ReplyDelete