Thursday, December 18, 2014

It's Not Gross At All!

This week's Thursday Blog Project topic, compliments of Sara, is: Tell us about something you really love that others can’t relate to.


When I first saw this topic all I could think was "Crap Monkey! I have no freakin' clue what I could share for this one."  Then, as I was talking to Melissa this evening it hit me like a bolt of lighting.  

I love breakfast foods.  I mean LOVE them.  Especially hashed browns.  I am very specific about how they are prepared.  I like them extra, extra, extra crispy.  I usually throw in the third "extra" because most of the time places cook hashed browns enough to heat them up so the third "extra" is to emphasize that I want crispy hashed browns.  Not burnt hashed brown, crispy hashed browns.  

Okay, so you're probably wondering what this has to do with the topic and why I'm going on about hashed browns.  Here is why... Once my plate arrives with my crispy hashed browns the next step, in my mind, to hashed brown perfection is to put maple syrup on top of them.  

This is where I pause so you can take in how grossed out you are by this combination..... 

If you are grossed out by this combination, you're in good company.  Most people are.  So grossed out by it that I typically  explain what I'm about to do right before I pour the syrup on top of the browns. There are, however, a few people who were intrigued by this combination the first time they saw it and tried it for themselves only to find out they too love it as much as I do.

To those that are grossed out by it, I try to explain it's the combination of sweet and salty mixed with a hint of grease.

So there you are.... Hashed browns with maple syrup on top is one thing that I LOVE that others can't relate to.



Now that I've talked about my one odd love, please take a moment to see what my fellow bloggers love:

Momarock (Sara)

Merryland Girl (Melissa)

Darwin Shrugged (Denise)

2 comments:

  1. You got that right. Once my older son poured syrup on my hash browns and I was so upset that he ruined them. I can't even have them on the same plate as my pancakes, lest even a drop of syrup touch them.
    Nice work and glad I could inspire you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that doesn't sound very appealing to me, but I can understand how you'd appreciate the sweet/salty combination. I love putting poached eggs onto my waffles and drizzling it with syrup. I also love to put cranberry sauce, cream cheese and turkey together on a sandwich, and people think I'm weird for those food combinations. But it's so good! Great post!

    ReplyDelete