Sunday, June 22, 2014

Feeling a Bit "Wicked"

This week for the Thursday Blog Project, Sara asked us to write about the following:  What are some of your favorite song lyrics? And why?

For a Hanukkah present this past year, I bought a ticket to see the show Wicked. AMAZING doesn't even begin to capture what I thought of the show.  Of course, the music in the show contributed to that how I felt about it.  So, I decided to use this topic to talk about my top 3 favorite songs from the show.  Of course, I'm sure the ones I choose are the same ones lots of people deem their favorites, but whatever...

Popular:
One of the things I love about Wicked is that it give you a different point of view of Glinda the Good and the Wicked Witch of the West from The Wizard of Oz.  The song Popular was one of the first times it really hit me that Glinda was kind of a stuck-up bitch who was very full of herself.





Defying Gravity:

I love this song because I feel it speaks to me in terms of how I want to live my life.  That I want to go beyond the boundaries and limitations that have been set for me - by both myself and others.





For Good:

This song is special to me because it reminds me of two people I've known a very long time.  Both of these individuals have truly had an impact in my life and helped shape me - for the better. 





Though these are my top 3 favorite songs from the show Wicked, it doesn't mean I don't like the others.  It was a phenomenal show that I highly recommend seeing.

Now that I've shared with you some songs I enjoy, please take a moment to see what my fellow bloggers have to say about their favorites:

Momarock (Sara)

Merryland Girl (Melissa)

Darwin Shrugged (Denise)

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed the show as well! I've also read the book, and I have to say I like the show better than the book! Great post!

    ReplyDelete