The Thursday blog topic that Melissa wanted us to write about for last week was: Cook.
Hmmm... Me and cooking. Not a likely combination. Cooking is not my thing. I'm not like some of my friends who just LOVE to cook. I admire those who love to cook and are good at putting together different ingredients together and creating interesting and delightful food combinations. This includes a few of my friends who are chefs and teach cooking.
Mainly I cook because I have to eat and I'm not going to feast on processed food all the time -- YUCK! I have just a few dishes that I can make well, but I don't even do those often because the portion sizes are too large. As a result, I end up with a lot of leftovers and subsequently get sick of eating the same thing over and over and over, again.
The thing I do LOVE to do is bake. I never get sick of baking -- EVER! I don't bake for myself. I bake, a lot, for others because it makes people happy.
Unlike cooking, I experiment a lot with baking. I'm just more comfortable with it. I guess that's why I need to cook more ... so I can become more comfortable with it and maybe venture into experimenting with different ingredients.
I guess in the end, time will tell if I do so....
Now that I've talked about my experience with cooking, see what my fellow bloggers have to say on this topic:
• Merryland Girl (Melissa)
• Mom of Many (Susanna)
• Momarock (Sara)
No comments:
Post a Comment