Marty McFly, Jennifer and Doc from the movie,
The Thursday Blog Project group was: How does your blogging differ from when you first started blogging?
First, I'd like to note that I did not purposely choose this topic because Back to the Future day fell during this week. I choose the topic because as I get into blogging on a weekly basis, again, I've been thinking a lot about how my writing and writing habits (which includes blogging) have changed over the years.
My blogging started on a different blog which I called "Froggie Knits Like Crazy." I intended to make it a knitting specific blog, however it didn't take log for it to evolve into a place for my to express my thoughts and feeling. I laugh when I say it was a place for me to express my thoughts and feeling as I wasn't as forthcoming with those things as one would expect, but given what was going on in my life at the time the blog was started what I was putting out there was a lot for me. At the time I tried to blog almost every day. Part of me thought it was more about quantity than it was quality. There are some posts I just shake my head at now and wish I had never sent into cyberspace.
I wrote on this blog for a few years - three to be exact. In November 2011, I decided I needed a fresh start. This wasn't surprising to me. Things in my life were changing in many ways. Among those ways was the fact that I didn't "knit like crazy" anymore and I wanted the being of my blog to reflect who I was and not just one small part of my life. (Yes, this is way too deep for an entry about a blog.) So I transitioned to this blog. Beside not writing about knitting (or at least not a lot about knitting), the other thing that changed when I moved to this blog is I no longer blogged as often as I once had. I was plotting and preparing for my next life adventures which took time away from writing. Also, I wanted this blog to contain thoughtful content which wasn't the case with my other blog... or I at least don't feel it was the case.
I do have to admit I miss the bullet point post I use to do on my other blog. Those were fun to put together. Especially when there were inside jokes that only a few people understood. The only problem with those is now when I look back at them (which I do from time to time) I don't always understand all the references. Or, maybe it's a good thing I don't get the references. The jury is still out on this one.
I'm sure there is more that has changed about my blogging because I have changed as a person. My writing is basically still focused on me and my life so I would expect as I evolve so would my thought processes.
Now that I've taken a look back at my blogging from the past to the present, please take a moment to see what my fellow bloggers have to say about their blogging:
Momarock (Sara)
I wrote on this blog for a few years - three to be exact. In November 2011, I decided I needed a fresh start. This wasn't surprising to me. Things in my life were changing in many ways. Among those ways was the fact that I didn't "knit like crazy" anymore and I wanted the being of my blog to reflect who I was and not just one small part of my life. (Yes, this is way too deep for an entry about a blog.) So I transitioned to this blog. Beside not writing about knitting (or at least not a lot about knitting), the other thing that changed when I moved to this blog is I no longer blogged as often as I once had. I was plotting and preparing for my next life adventures which took time away from writing. Also, I wanted this blog to contain thoughtful content which wasn't the case with my other blog... or I at least don't feel it was the case.
I do have to admit I miss the bullet point post I use to do on my other blog. Those were fun to put together. Especially when there were inside jokes that only a few people understood. The only problem with those is now when I look back at them (which I do from time to time) I don't always understand all the references. Or, maybe it's a good thing I don't get the references. The jury is still out on this one.
I'm sure there is more that has changed about my blogging because I have changed as a person. My writing is basically still focused on me and my life so I would expect as I evolve so would my thought processes.
Now that I've taken a look back at my blogging from the past to the present, please take a moment to see what my fellow bloggers have to say about their blogging:
Momarock (Sara)

Thanks for the insight. I hope to see you blog more than just once a week. I like what you have to say in your posts!
ReplyDelete