For last week's Thursday Blog Project, Sara asked us to read this article about some nurses who got fired for refusing to take a flu shot.
My initial reaction to this is that this nurse should not have been fired for refusing to take a flu shot. My sophomore/junior-ish year in college I worked part time at a pediatrician's office that was located in the professional offices of a hospital. During flu season we were not required to get a flu shot. No one in the physician's network was - even hospital staff.
Since Sara gave us this article to read I've been waiving back and forth on how I feel about what happened and how I would feel if I were in this nurses position. Honestly, this week my post isn't going to be very in-depth because of this back and forth.
Given my professional background in HR and my interest in the law I should have an absolute opinion on this... but I don't. Instead just when I "think" I've made up my mind, I change it.
Instead, I'm going to encourage you to read the article, and what my fellow bloggers have to say about the topic:
- Momarock (Sara)
- Merryland Girl (Melissa)
- Mom of Many (Susanna)
No comments:
Post a Comment