This week for the Thursday Blog Project, Melissa asked the group to write about the following: In "Seasons of Love" from the musical "Rent," they ask "How do you
measure a year?" Throughout the song, they list the ways in which one
might do so. ("In daylights, in sunsets, in midnights, in cups of
coffee...") Talk about how YOU measure a year.
WOW! That is a great question! For some one who reflects upon the past, often, this is a difficult one for me to answer right now. Not because I don't know how I measure a year, but due to the fact that I have been "measure a year" a lot lately.
Thing in my life are in flux at the moment - a lot of flux actually. To say "when it rains it pours" feels like an understatement. I am overwhelmed, but thankfully it's in a good way. Even though I have been looking back a lot it's hard for me to write about it right now.
In another life, I would have written about it on this blog while it was happening; however, that's not me anymore which is one way I can measure a year (or even two). I guess that is one things I can note - what I write about has vastly changed since I started blogger, and surely changes year to year.
I apologize for my lack of content on this one. Again, it has a lot to do with what is going on in my life right now. Please take a moment to see how my fellow bloggers measure a year:
• Momarock (Sara)
• Merryland Girl (Melissa)
• Mom of Many (Susanna)
glad you're overwhelmed in a good way. :)
ReplyDelete