Thursday, February 18, 2016

The First Kiss...


Okay, if you know me well, you're probably shocked I titled my post, The First Kiss.  I mean, the title alone leads you to believe I'm going to talk about my first kiss.  Or, a first kiss I've experienced.  Of course since I'm such a private person, which I believe I mentioned in my last post, you'd be confused why I would write about such topics.  I mean, that totally goes against how I conduct myself.  So why the title, The First Kiss....? I titled my post that because it is the topic given to us by Sara (Momarock) for today's Thursday Blog Project.  
Since I am a private person I won't be talking about my first kiss, or a first kiss I've experience.  The circumstances surrounding any of my first kisses are confidential.  What I will say about first kisses is this: 

 " I'll get you here, to the high-stakes medal round where eight out of 10 women believe that the first kiss will tell them everything they need to know about the relationship." ~ Hitch

I LOVE the movie Hitch, and I love this quote.  I've heard they took the information from a women's magazine such as Cosmopolitan.  I wouldn't be surprised if this is the case.

So now I've (technically) talked about "the first kiss." here are some firsts of mine:


  • First Car:  Light Blue Chevy Cavalier.  I use to be able to tell people the year, but it's been so long since I've had that car I can't remember.
  • First Day of College:  Was interest....  I was freaked out.  I had just moved to Texas and knew only my family.  It was a lot to have just moved to a new state and then start at a new school.  My youngest cousin tried to calm my nerves by sharing with me that she thought she was pregnant just a month and a half after giving birth. I'm not sure it calmed my nerves, but it did give me something else to think about.  And yes, she was pregnant.  
  • First Crush:  The first crush I can remember  happened in fifth grade.  I did have a boyfriend in Senior Kindergarten, but I'm not sure I ever had a crush on the guy.
  • First Time I Drove on the Expressway by Myself:  The first time I ever drove on the expressway by myself  was not too long after I got my drivers license.  I remember I got on at one entrance and got off at the next exit.  It was a very short trip.  I remember thinking how awesome it was that I was on the expressway by myself.  
  • First Trip Overseas: Spring Break 1997 with my then boyfriend.  We went to England and Ireland.  It was a fun trip!
  • First Day at Work:  In my opinion, the first day at work is always odd.  My last first day of work (which was officially a year ago this past week) was no exception.  The thing that strikes me the most about it is that there is no way I could have ever predicted how happy I would be at this job... but that's another post for another time, maybe.
  • First Time I Realized I was an Adrenaline Junkie: This was basically the first time I went skydiving.  
  • First Place I Ever Lived:  When I was born, my family lived in a condo that had a view of Lake Michigan.  It's too bad I couldn't appreciate the view. 
I'm sure there are more "firsts" I could list, but I think that is a good list.  Now that I've shared my take on this topic, please take a moment to see what my fellow bloggers had to say:


Momarock (Sara)

Merryland Girl (Melissa)

Darwin Shrugged (Denise)


2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your list of firsts. I still remember my first time on the expressway by myself. It was my 21st birthday gift to myself to learn how to do it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was a big deal to get on the expressway alone. Of course, after doing it a million times commuting back and forth my first two years of college it became old hat.

      Delete