Okay, if you know me well, you're probably shocked I titled my post, The First Kiss. I mean, the title alone leads you to believe I'm going to talk about my first kiss. Or, a first kiss I've experienced. Of course since I'm such a private person, which I believe I mentioned in my last post, you'd be confused why I would write about such topics. I mean, that totally goes against how I conduct myself. So why the title, The First Kiss....? I titled my post that because it is the topic given to us by Sara (Momarock) for today's Thursday Blog Project.
Since I am a private person I won't be talking about my first kiss, or a first kiss I've experience. The circumstances surrounding any of my first kisses are confidential. What I will say about first kisses is this:
" I'll get you here, to the high-stakes medal round where eight out of 10 women believe that the first kiss will tell them everything they need to know about the relationship." ~ Hitch
I LOVE the movie Hitch, and I love this quote. I've heard they took the information from a women's magazine such as Cosmopolitan. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the case.
So now I've (technically) talked about "the first kiss." here are some firsts of mine:
- First Car: Light Blue Chevy Cavalier. I use to be able to tell people the year, but it's been so long since I've had that car I can't remember.
- First Day of College: Was interest.... I was freaked out. I had just moved to Texas and knew only my family. It was a lot to have just moved to a new state and then start at a new school. My youngest cousin tried to calm my nerves by sharing with me that she thought she was pregnant just a month and a half after giving birth. I'm not sure it calmed my nerves, but it did give me something else to think about. And yes, she was pregnant.
- First Crush: The first crush I can remember happened in fifth grade. I did have a boyfriend in Senior Kindergarten, but I'm not sure I ever had a crush on the guy.
- First Time I Drove on the Expressway by Myself: The first time I ever drove on the expressway by myself was not too long after I got my drivers license. I remember I got on at one entrance and got off at the next exit. It was a very short trip. I remember thinking how awesome it was that I was on the expressway by myself.
- First Trip Overseas: Spring Break 1997 with my then boyfriend. We went to England and Ireland. It was a fun trip!
- First Day at Work: In my opinion, the first day at work is always odd. My last first day of work (which was officially a year ago this past week) was no exception. The thing that strikes me the most about it is that there is no way I could have ever predicted how happy I would be at this job... but that's another post for another time, maybe.
- First Time I Realized I was an Adrenaline Junkie: This was basically the first time I went skydiving.
- First Place I Ever Lived: When I was born, my family lived in a condo that had a view of Lake Michigan. It's too bad I couldn't appreciate the view.
I'm sure there are more "firsts" I could list, but I think that is a good list. Now that I've shared my take on this topic, please take a moment to see what my fellow bloggers had to say: