Sunday, October 18, 2015

PT

The Thursday Blog Project topic this past week was: Nostalgia

Lately I've been de-cluttering my life.  As one might imagine in the process of all this I've come across numerous items from the past which have sparked much nostalgia.  Thankfully, my friend who is helping me with the project (who I just happen to know since my freshman year in high school) has been very understanding when I begin to start getting nostalgic about the things I'm finding.  Who wouldn't be when they come upon items from the past that have good memories.

Among the items, I've found several with my dad's handwriting on it.  Though I've also found many pictures of my dad, seeing his handwriting is always a treat.  I've never seen anyone write the way he does - especial not a man.  All this has gotten me thinking of him more than normal.

The other thing that seems to have made an impact on me is a Hanukkah card I received from an ex-boyfriend of mine.  We haven't communicated in a few years, but for some reason I'm compelled to email him just to let him know I hope he's doing well.  I haven't done this, nor will I.  In my heart, I know silence is the best course of action.  However, a part of me wonders how he is doing.  Note: This is not me pining over the past.  (He's SOOO wrong for me.)  It's simply me remembering someone who I cared about and hope is living a good life.

As I continue to de-clutter, I'm sure more things will surface that will make me nostalgic.  It will be interesting to see what will be next.


Now that I've talked a bit about Notalgia, please take a moment to see what my fellow bloggers have to say on the topic:

Momarock (Sara)

Merryland Girl (Melissa)

Darwin Shrugged (Denise)

1 comment:

  1. I find random stuff from the past all the time. Glad you still have something that keeps you connected to your dad.

    ReplyDelete