Thursday, October 1, 2015

Missing The Mark?

This week for the Thursday Blog Project, Denise asked us to write about: Those jobs or paths you now realize might have been good choices, and why.

***Big Sigh***

As I approach 40, my list of things I wish I had done differently is definitely ever present.  I'd like to say it's not super long because I feel all my experiences have shaped me into who I am, which is a person I'm very happy being.  It's that reason I have a hard time with today's topic.

Are there decisions I wish I could "redo"? Absolutely!  However, when I sit and really think about it I realize that my belief that things happen for a reason is ever present.  Even with the most awful of mistakes I've made I know changing my path doesn't guarantee me a better outcome, more contentment with parts of my life or any of the those "the grass is greener on the other side" things we'd like to think would happen if we had taken a different path.  All it guarantees is a different outcome; not necessarily a better one.  

The other thing that comes to mind is the idea that it's never too late to pursue your dreams and passions, reinvent yourself or make your way back to the path you feel you missed.  Is starting in a new direction later in life harder?  Sure, it could be, but it doesn't necessarily mean it's impossible.

So, instead of talking about the jobs or paths I now realize may have been good choices, I'll let my fellow blogger share with you their thoughts on the topic:


Momarock (Sara)

Merryland Girl (Melissa)

Darwin Shrugged (Denise)

4 comments:

  1. I like your positive outlook on this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I believe we should always have passions and aspirations, no matter how old we are or where we're at in life. Sometimes, all it takes is the right timing and being in the right place in your life, to pursue your goals and dreams! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you liked the point-of-view I brought to the topic.

      Delete