Monday, October 26, 2015

Going Back In Time

October 21, 2015 was Back to the Future Day.  It's the day that the fictional characters Back to the Future, took a trip through time to 2015.  There purpose of this trip wasn't to see what had changed, but for Marty to correct his son's behavior so it didn't impact his future.  However, surely there was no denying the fact that they would notice things that had changed since 1985.
Marty McFly, Jennifer and Doc from the movie,

The Thursday Blog Project group was: How does your blogging differ from when you first started blogging?

First, I'd like to note that I did not purposely choose this topic because Back to the Future day fell during this week.  I choose the topic because as I get into blogging on a weekly basis, again, I've been thinking a lot about how my writing and writing habits (which includes blogging) have changed over the years.

My blogging started on a different blog which I called "Froggie Knits Like Crazy."  I intended to make it a knitting specific blog, however it didn't take log for it to evolve into a place for my to express my thoughts and feeling.  I laugh when I say it was a place for me to express my thoughts and feeling as I wasn't as forthcoming with those things as one would expect, but given what was going on in my life at the time the blog was started what I was putting out there was a lot for me. At the time I tried to blog almost every day.  Part of me thought it was more about quantity than it was quality.  There are some posts I just shake my head at now and wish I had never sent into cyberspace.

I wrote on this blog for a few years - three to be exact.  In November 2011, I decided I needed a fresh start.  This wasn't surprising to me.  Things in my life were changing in many ways.  Among those ways was the fact that I didn't  "knit like crazy" anymore and I wanted the being of my blog to reflect who I was and not just one small part of my life.  (Yes, this is way too deep for an entry about a blog.)  So I transitioned to this blog.  Beside not writing about knitting (or at least not a lot about knitting), the other thing that changed when I moved to this blog is I no longer blogged as often as I once had.  I was plotting and preparing for my next life adventures which took time away from writing.  Also, I wanted this blog to contain thoughtful content which wasn't the case with my other blog... or I at least don't feel it was the case.

I do have to admit I miss the bullet point post I use to do on my other blog.  Those were fun to put together.  Especially when there were inside jokes that only a few people understood.  The only problem with those is now when I look back at them (which I do from time to time) I don't always understand all the references.  Or, maybe it's a good thing I don't get the references.  The jury is still out on this one.

I'm sure there is more that has changed about my blogging because I have changed as a person.  My writing is basically still focused on me and my life so I would expect as I evolve so would my thought processes.

Now that I've taken a look back at my blogging from the past to the present, please take a moment to see what my fellow bloggers have to say about their blogging:

Momarock (Sara)

Merryland Girl (Melissa)

Darwin Shrugged (Denise)


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the insight. I hope to see you blog more than just once a week. I like what you have to say in your posts!

    ReplyDelete