Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Planting Roots

For the Thursday blog project, I choose the topic of: I would have never imagined . . .

For me, this topic is at the heart of things going on in my life.  

As I've probably mentioned many times, moving to the city changed my life in so many positive ways.  What I deemed "the worst decision EVER," turned out to be amazing.  So much so, that I've been longing to put down more permanent roots here.  I'll admit, there is a part of me that still longs to live in the burbs one day; however, I can't see that happening anytime soon.  

Everyone I've told who knows me well has laughed at me.  They all have to mention how I swore up and down and around that I wasn't a city person.  I'm smiled while they give me shit about it because I know it was my stubborn ways that stalled my move to the city in the first place and my skepticism that had me thinking I made a horrible decision once I did make the big leap .  Once the commenting is done, I tell them I'm just as shocked as they are about the decision. 

Also, just the act of "planting roots" is amazing to me.  It's something I never thought I'd do... or at least something I thought would take much longer to do.... but alas, it's here and as scary as it is I'm doing it.  Whenever my skeptical side begins to rear its ugly head I recall how things have worked out over the past two and half years.  Also, it makes me think of all things that could be with just a little time, and a lot of faith.

Now that I've talked about something I would have never imagined, please take a moment to read what my fellow bloggers have to say:

Momarock (Sara)

Merryland Girl (Melissa)

Darwin Shrugged (Denise)


4 comments:

  1. Very cool! I considered trying city living at one time but never pursued it. Glad you're liking it so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mel! I'm living the "City Girl Life" for both of us! ;)

      Delete
  2. Like you, I'm planting roots in a new place, starting over, in a sense. As you said, it's here and it's scary, but I'm doing it. I could totally relate to this post. I'm really glad you're planting your roots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sara, I'm so excited for you! Please message me your new addy so I can update my address book. :)

      Delete