Before I get into what movies are on my list, the reason for all of them is simple - it was perfect the first time. It goes back to the old saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"
Now for my list:
- Grease: Okay, so there was a sequel to this movie that could be seen as a remake. Though I admit to watching this "sequel" more than once, it doesn't mean it was good or right to make. Just sayin'...
- Shawshank Redemption: If you saw this movie then you know why it could never be remade.
- Dirty Dancing: This movie will always have a special place in my heart. I almost had a Dirty Dancing theme for my Bat Mitzvah party (FACT!). Redoing this movies is so, so wrong... on many, many, many levels!
- Hairspray: Yes, I am aware this movie has already been remade. If you've seen the remake you will understand why it shouldn't have been. That is all I have to say about this matter.
- Funny Girl, The Way We Were, Yentl and The Prince of Tides: Okay, okay, okay... I realized I just name four movies. Sue me! I like Barbara Streisand movies. Anyhow, it would be a sad day if any of these movies were remade.
On a side note, I found this list of movies that were actually remakes of other movies. It was an interesting read.
Now that I've shared the five movies I think shouldn't be remade, please take a moment to read my fellow bloggers lists: