Friday, September 18, 2015

No Need for a Remake

This week, for the Thursday Blog Project Melissa asked us to write about: What are FIVE movies that should never, ever, EVER be re-made?  Talk about why for each of them.

Before I get into what movies are on my list, the reason for all of them is simple - it was perfect the first time.  It goes back to the old saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

Now for my list:

  • Grease: Okay, so there was a sequel to this movie that could be seen as a remake.  Though I admit to watching this "sequel" more than once, it doesn't mean it was good or right to make.  Just sayin'... 
  • Shawshank Redemption: If you saw this movie then you know why it could never be remade. 
  • Dirty Dancing:  This movie will always have a special place in my heart.  I almost had a Dirty Dancing theme for my Bat Mitzvah party (FACT!).  Redoing this movies is so, so wrong... on many, many, many levels!
  • Hairspray: Yes, I am aware this movie has already been remade.  If you've seen the remake you will understand why it shouldn't have been. That is all I have to say about this matter.
  • Funny Girl, The Way We Were, Yentl and The Prince of Tides:  Okay, okay, okay... I realized I just name four movies.  Sue me!  I like Barbara Streisand movies.  Anyhow, it would be a sad day if any of these movies were remade.
On a side note, I found this list of movies that were actually remakes of other movies.  It was an interesting read.


Now that I've shared the five movies I think shouldn't be remade, please take a moment to read my fellow bloggers lists:


Momarock (Sara)

Merryland Girl (Melissa)

Darwin Shrugged (Denise)



2 comments:

  1. Great post. Funny how three of us listed Dirty Dancing. It's just that iconic! I agree about the others too. I know what you mean about Hairspray. The movie of the musical wasn't nearly as good as the original with Ricki Lake. My sister and I watched that one twice in a row when we first saw it, it was THAT good. And I can't believe I forgot about Shawshank for my list.
    They're doing a live filming of Grease soon, but I don't like that Julianne Hough is Sandy. She just seems so wrong for that part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, re: Shawshank. I couldn't see anyone else doing it. Like most good movies, it was perfect the first time!

    ReplyDelete