Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Toasty Toes

Thursday Blog Project Topic for October 16: What are some of your favorite colder weather traditions?



It's starting to get chilly outside.  The length of the sleeves on my tops and the weight of the fabric has changed.  Light, short-sleeve tops are out.  Heavy, long-sleeve tops are in.  The other thing that is in style once again - knit socks and Doc Martens.

Every year as the average temperatures go down, I start to dig through my dresser drawers for the socks I've made over the past years.  Unfortunately, since I moved last summer I haven't kept great track of my socks which I say with much sadness.  Thankfully, they aren't all M.I.A. and I've been able to enjoy their comfy warmth.

Another "tradition" of sorts is making blankets during the colder months of the year.  Though I haven't done a lot of knitting in past months, my family is expecting a new member soon which means creating a blanket for the little one is a must.  Colder weather is a great time to knit blankets.  I mean, let's face it, as your making the blanket it's sitting on your lap keeping you warm.  It's the perfect cold weather project!

Now that I've talked about some of my favorite colder weather traditions, please take a moment to see what my fellow bloggers have to say about their favorite traditions:


Momarock (Sara)

Merryland Girl (Melissa)

Darwin Shrugged (Denise)

2 comments:

  1. I still have the socks you made me and the kids still sleep with the blankets you made them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that funny, the trends that are coming back into style? Like the Doc Martens!
    I've always wanted to have the talent to knit something. Or the patience!
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete