Sunday, July 27, 2014

Help?!

For the Thursday Blog Project the week of July 17th, Denise asked us to write about: Asking for help.

Asking for help is something I'm horrible at doing.  Mainly for two reason.

The first reason is that over the years I have grown to be a very independent individual.  I'm so use to doing things on my own  that I don't even think to ask for help with things.  My first instinct is to figure out how I'm going to get it done on my own.  I've been this way for a good 13 years now.  It is something that makes it difficult to be in a relationship.  I don't know how to rely on another person. 

The other reason I don't like asking for help is due to past experience with asking for help.  I'm sure I've said it before - "Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want."  After asking for help on several occasions and not getting it I've come to learn that it's often a good thing that I am so independent because my experience is that I don't know many people who want to help - for whatever reason.

I will say, it is a delightful surprise when someone helps me without me even asking.  I've found this in one person in my life - someone fair new - and it's a nice change.  It's a foreign experience, but one that reminds me that I need to continue focusing my energies on helping others, even when they don't ask for help.  Honestly, this is the way I like to think about this topic - Helping others even when they don't ask for help. I think that is when it counts the most.

Now that I've give you some of my thoughts on asking for help, please take a moment to see what my fellow bloggers have to say:

Momarock (Sara)

Merryland Girl (Melissa)

Darwin Shrugged (Denise)

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you have someone like that in your life and that you're paying it forward. :)

    ReplyDelete