Saturday, March 1, 2014

#TBT

For last week's Thursday Blog Project, Sara asked us to: Share with us various photos from your life and give us brief descriptions of why they are so valuable to you. It can be personal photos, or otherwise (like professional/artist photos, etc.)

I don't normally participate in "Throw-back Thurday" (#TBT) on Facebook, however I  made an exception this past week.  Mainly it was inspired by this topic, and the fact that today is my dad's birthday.

Recently, I came across pictures from my Bat Mitzvah.   There are pictures in this album of people who are long gone.  Rather than be sad, it made me happy to see the faces of the many loved ones who aren't with us anymore - and this made me smile.  One of those face was my day, Bernie... Or as I called him - "Irving".

I know every years on this date I write a sappy post about my dad, but I hope this year's post is not just sappy, but also makes you smile as much as looking at these pictures make me.

The funny thing about these pictures is that even though I've seen them many times, they look different to me each time I see them.  Or, I see something I didn't before.  Like this one with my dad feeding me cake.  Never noticed the great expression on his face or his hand placed on my neck - like he was supporting me in some way.  I think you can see the trust between us. 


In this one I notice how laid back my dad was... at least he looks laid back to me.  Also, I can see how much we loved each other.  Also, when I saw this picture I noticed the red in my dad's tie for the first time.  If I had to guess, I'm thinking my mom was the one responsible for that fashion choice as it just happens to go with the red bow in my dress.  If I were to post a picture of my mom from that day you'd see she was wearing a red dress.  Coincidence?  I think not!  Actually, it's probably not a coincidence that the candles for the candle lighting ceremony were red as well.   All this leads me to believe the color theme for my bat mitzvah was red... What do you think?

Whether or not it is, at the end of the day I prefer to concentrate on the fact that you can see in this picture how much my dad and I loved each other.

I'm not sure what my dad said that was so funny it warranted the expression I have on my face in this picture.  My dad was a funny person.  I also loved the way he thought and his reasoned for something was just plain silly sometimes.  I guess that is where I get my (sometimes) goofball reasoning as well. 










The pictures I posted today are just a small taste of the ones I've been happily looking at lately.  The best part is that I finally decided to scan them in so I can share them with those that are still around.

Thank you to Sara for giving me even more of a reason to start the scanning process - and a reason to share them on my blog.  I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate my dad's birthday.

Now that I've shared some photos with you, please take a moment to see what photos my fellow bloggers chose to share:

Momarock (Sara)

Merryland Girl (Melissa)

Darwin Shrugged (Denise)

1 comment:

  1. Such sweet pictures. What a great way to honor your dad on his birthday.

    ReplyDelete