Thursday, December 19, 2013

Watch for the Signs

One of my favorite movies from the 90's is "Fools Rush In" starring Selma Hayek and Matthew Perry. 

The short and dirty synopsis of this movie of IMDB is as follows:  After a one night stand with Isabel, Alex realizes that she is pregnant and they decide to get married. However, along with the marriage comes compromise of one's own cultural traditions. 

Several times during the movie Selma Hayek's character references the idea of reading the signs the universe sends you as a way to make life decisions.  However, Matthew Perry's character believes that's a load of crap!

Personally, I do believe the universe sends us signs as to the path we should follow, and it has been my experience that should you ignore them (or not recognize them) the signs can potential increase in size.  This is a story that I often think of when when it comes to signs.  

In my life it once took a truly epic "sign" for me to take action that I probably should have taken a lot earlier than I did.  For that matter, when I think back even farther I believe there were signs that could have prevented me from making the first mistake that would evidently set-off the chain of other signs.  (Yes, I know I'm being vague, but now is not the time for details.)

I've been thinking about the interpretation of signs a lot lately.  Especially after a dinner and lunch I attended this past weekend.  Some of the interpretation of signs I heard sounded to me a bit far fetched, but then again who am I to say whether they are or not - to each their own.  Ultimately, I think it can be a bit overwhelming to look for signs.  Sometimes I question "if" something was a sign and "if" it was it then makes me question what it meant because to me it could mean one thing and to another something else.

All this rambling is leading up to how I got to today's Thursday Blog Project: Open to interpretation. 

At the end of the day I think like a lot of things how we look at events and interrupt them is all in how we individually view the world around us.

______________________________________________________________________

Now that I'm given you some of my thoughts on this week's topic, please take a moment to see what my fellow bloggers have to say:

Momarock (Sara)

Merryland Girl (Melissa)

Darwin Shrugged (Denise)

1 comment:

  1. I liked this post a lot. I think of that story too, when it comes to signs. :)
    There's a song in "If/Then" called "It's a sign." Guess you'll have to see it now. :)

    ReplyDelete