Friday, August 2, 2013

There is a Reason Things Happen the Way They Do

To the Sun, the Moon and the Star and the way they align our life at just the right time:

Once again, this year has been a roller coaster of ups and downs.  Though this has been the case the whole time, I've felt it most over the past month or two as I've made the transition from living in the suburbs to living in the city.  It's like you've waiting to pile on a whole crap load of changes at the same time I made this one MAJOR one.  Why not, right?!  It would be the perfect time.

At first I was pissed at you for doing so.  Seriously, I'm only one person and only strong.  Navigating through all this has surely been interesting - to say the least.  However,  in the past couple of weeks I've come to accept you have a  plan for my life and as a result I wanted to take a moment to thank you.

At first I didn't want things to change as much as they did.  Don't get me wrong, I knew that things would change.  They had to given that I made a significant change, but I hoped that I could still hold on to the things I deemed important and special to me.  Note, I say "special to me."  Throughout the weeks it's become abundantly clear that I wasn't special enough in return and that is why they exited my life.  As I made my way past these events I realized why it was probably a good thing these changes occurred and that I will not only survive these exits, but probably thrive as a result.

Thank you for all the things you have brought into my life over the past weeks.  I feel like I have been living in a dream world.  And, if it is in fact the case that I have been living in a dream world, thank you for giving me the few moment of wonderful.  Things truly do happen for a reason.... 

Lastly, even though I have a tendency to complain about the things I don't have, or want badly but don't seem to be receiving, please know that I am uber aware of all the wonderful things I do have in my life.  I am truly a blessed person.

With that I will end this note to you by asking you bring wonderful to all of those who remain in my life.  I dedicate this post to the following:


Here’s to the ones that I love
Here’s to the ones who love me
Here’s to the ones that love those that I love
And to those that love those that love me

With much gratitude,
Tracey

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Last week, our blogging group welcomed a new member - Jeanette.  I'd like to say, "Welcome" and that I look forward to getting to know her better through her blog posts and any conversations we have - probably virtually.

For Jeanette's first week, I asked the group to write a thank you note to someone who would least expect it.  Please take a moment to see what my fellow bloggers had to say on this topic:

Momarock (Sara)

Merryland Girl (Melissa)

GoodVibrations (Jeanette)

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad things are going well for you, Tracey! :) May the Sun, the Moon and the Star continue on that path for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great letter. I agree with Sara. :) Hope things continue to go well for you and I'm glad you're thankful for what you have.

    ReplyDelete