Friday, May 17, 2013

No Skating Allowed

This week's Thursday Blog Project topic, compliments of Susanna:   Have you ever had an injury stop you from doing something you really wanted to do? How did you deal with that?

Ever since I was a kid, I've loved to roller skate, roller blade and ice skate.  That's why for one of my birthday party's as a child I had it at a local roller skating rink.  One of the most vivid memories from that party was when I asked my brother J if he was going to skate.  "No" he replied. "Don't you remember the last time I went roller skating?"

My brother broke his right arm twice roller skating.  Both times were at roller skating birthday parties like the one I had.  Since he writes with his right hand this sorta made him unable to write.  I wonder how he'll handle it when my niece and nephew want to roller skate.  Is your abilitiy to balance on roller skates genetic?

I know none of this is about me.  Being the superstitious person I try not to talk about this kind of stuff.  Though I acknowledge that injury can happen at anytime, I don't like to think about it.  I think if I did I'd lock myself in my house and never come out... ok, maybe not that extreme, but still. 

Instead, I'll ask that you take a look at what my fellow bloggers have to say about their past injuries...

Momarock (Sara)

Merryland Girl (Melissa)

Mom of Many (Susanna)

No comments:

Post a Comment