Sunday, December 16, 2012

Puttin' A "Tramp Stamp" On It

The Thursday Blog Project topic for the week ending December 14th was inspired by one of my favorite TV shows -- How I Met Your Mother.  Melissa asked us to write about: I'm going off another idea I got from "How I Met Your Mother." There was an episode where they were talking about being a "stamp tramp." This meant putting a seal of approval on anything and everything, even if it wasn't good.
What person (not a close friend or family member), place AND thing would you put your stamp of approval on and stand behind that stamp 100% of the way?

Thing:

Once upon a time in a land far, far way I had a hard and fast rule that a vacuum couldn't cost me more than $75.  (With inflation, in today's standards I'd say $150.)  I felt there was no reason at all you should pay more than $75.  That is until I saw what a Dyson vacuum could do.

Yes, you may need to take out a loan to get one of these, but they are SOOO worth it.  My particular favorite is the pet Dyson.  The super powerful one that is built to suck-up the dander and hair that pets leave deep in the carpet.   I also like that it's bag-less. 

If you're not willing to take out a loan on a vacuum, you can refurbished ones online or if you are lucky like I was you could possibly get an older model on sale if they introduce a new model.  (Sure, it might still cost you an arm, but not the leg too.)

 This "thing" gets the Froggie Stamp of Approval!


Dulles Airport:

Maybe it was dumb luck, however it happened to me twice so maybe is wasn't.

When I took a recent trip to the Washington D.C./Maryland area I flew in and out of Dulles Airport.  Normally, I loath the airport experience; however, my experience at this airport was notable for only good reasons.  The worst thing I can think of about my experience was that I couldn't find a McDonalds to purchase my large dollar ice tea at.  All of the eating options appeared to be restaurants ranging from Five Guys to actual sit down restaurant chains -- unless I missed something which is quite possible since it was fairly early in the morning when I went on my hunt for food.

 This "place" gets the Froggie Stamp of Approval!


There are Too Many to Single One Person Out

I have a hard time picking just one person to talk about here.  Instead what I will say is that I will not recommend someone (for whatever reason) unless I fully believe that person is fit to do the job at hand.  I take giving a "stamp of approval" of any kind seriously, but the ones I take the most serious the one that I give to people. 


Now that I've talked about my "tramp stamps," please take a moment to see what my fellow bloggers have to say about theirs:

•   Mom of Many (Susanna)

 •  Momarock (Sara)

•  Merryland Girl (Melissa)

1 comment:

  1. Yay for DC airports. :) And I never even knew you had a Dyson.

    ReplyDelete