Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Froggie v.37 (Better late than never!)

In my ideal world, this post would have been up last Friday (or even last weekend).  However, something crazy happened... I spent a majority of the weekend celebrating my birthday.

I only call this crazy because it's been awhile since my birthday was celebrated on my actual birthday, let alone with multiple events within a 24 hour period.  I'm not complaining, but merely acknowledging a fact.

It didn't take me long to go from a playful weekend to focusing on the next year ahead.  Maybe 24 hours, tops.  I also had a lot of things to get done before the week started so that probably helped me settle back into reality a bit.

It also hasn't take me long to start focusing on the things I'm going to accomplish this coming year.  I'd like to note I said, "going to accomplish" instead of "would like to accomplish".  Though I acknowledge I only have so much control over how things happen in my life, I still like to say "going to" because I feel it gives me more direction and sets more structure around everything -- and though I can go with the flow, I believe structure can be a good thing, too!  Yes!  After a brief hiatus the planner in me is shining through more and I think there are a lot of people who like seeing it again.

I'm planning on traveling more in the coming year and completing a lot of races.  I'm also planning on continuing to lose weight as I have been over the past couple of months as well.  Also, I am to start reviewing book as a "Review Crew" member over at BookTrib very soon.  It was an unexpected thing, but I'm excited about the opportunity to showcase my writing talents to a new audience. 

There are other things I have in mind for this coming year that I'm not quite ready to talk about publicly as at the moment there is a lot of plotting and planning going on in my mind, but when the time is right I will write about it.

Overall, I can only hope this next year of life is as wonderful as the past year has been and that I can meet the challenge I set for myself each and every year - to be a better version of me than I was the year before.

No comments:

Post a Comment