Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Once A Yelper, Always A Yelper

What is your favorite place AND least favorite place to shop and why (for both)? 

That is the question Melissa posed to us for the Thursday Blog Project topic for November 15, 2012.

I'm a Yelper.  What that means is that I share my opinion of businesses on the website Yelp.  Beside sharing these opinions online, I also share them with friends and family.  

Honestly, it's hard for me to pick one place that is my favorite place to shop.  I even went back to my Yelp reviews hoping to find something that stood out as a STELLAR review, but alas there wasn't just one place.  On the flip side, I know which place I will never shop again...

Here is my Yelp review of the place I WILL NEVER shop at again....

"Grant's Appliances

I think Nancy Regan put it best when she said . . . "Just Say No!"

In true Grant's fashion there are no prices on anything in the store.  Everything is "packaged" together so the more you buy the better deal you'll get (in theory).  Negotiating your "package" is like negotiating the price of a car - time consuming.  Plan to bring a book, or whatever else will keep you busy while the sales person goes back-and-forth to talk with their manager.  If you do decide to buy from Grant's comparison shop first.  It helps with the negotiation process.

We had some problems with the install as the delivery guys wouldn't hook up the water line to the fridge for "liability reasons."  There was one additional problem with the install, but it's been so long I can't recall what it was.

As I said at the beginning of the review, "just say no" to shopping at Grant's Appliances."


Now that I have talked about my least favorite place I've shopped, please take a moment to read what my fellow bloggers have to say:



 •  Momarock (Sara)

•  Merryland Girl (Melissa)

•   Mom of Many (Susanna)

No comments:

Post a Comment