Thursday, November 29, 2012

Froggie v.36.12 (a.k.a. - My Erev Birthday)

Tomorrow is my birthday. 

Since today is (was) Thursday and it was my turn to pick the topic for my Thursday Blog Group I told everyone the topic was "freestyle" and they could pick what they wanted to write about.  I choose this topic because I knew I wanted to write my annual pre- (erev) birthday wrap-up and having no strict parameters around the topic would allow me to do this without having to write two posts in one day. 

(You may call it being lazy, I call it being efficient.)

So, my birthday is right around the corner.  In past years I dreaded my birthday, however this year I welcome it with open arms.  This might have something to do with the past 365 days being so amazing.  Now, don't get me wrong... not all of the days this year have been rock star days.  However, a good majority of them have been pretty fantastic and filled with some amazing surprises.

Over the past 12 months I have completed 14 5k races and 1 10k race.  My time during these races has gone done by almost 8 minutes.  I've raced in almost every neighborhood I've lived in over the past 10 years and even traveled out-of-state for one.  Also, my goal to complete 12 races this year helped me shed 10 pounds off my body and inspired me to not only continue to work more diligently at not letting the cold winter weather bring those pounds back, but also work at dropping even more pounds.

Over the past 12 months I have done my fair share of  traveling (something I haven't done a lot in a very long time).  I've taken chances that I never thought I would.  Though some of them didn't workout, I hold no regrets for trying.  

I had a beautiful and loving cat come into my life, suddenly.  What was suppose to be a "trial" situation became permanent just seconds after she exited her carrier.  She has made me into a proud "cat lady" and I couldn't imagine not having her roaming my home seeking out her next yarn score.  (Yes, E is a yarn addict, too!)

This year, I discovered a passion for reading that has had a huge impact on my life.  I also rediscovered why I majored in Advertising/Public Relations.  I've created opportunities that showed me it is possible to get paid to do something you love (this is something I never thought I'd experience.)

I could go on, but I think you get the point... it was an amazing year.  I have been very blessed this year and am thankful for all that I have been given.  I will always look back fondly on this years, however tomorrow starts a new year and a new adventure (which I will talk more about, tomorrow).

So with a smile on my face and an open heart, I look toward the next 365 days and hold high hopes for the potential it has to offer.

Now that I have written my "freestyle" Thursday Blog Group post, please take a moment to see what my fellow bloggers have to say:


•   Mom of Many (Susanna)

 •  Momarock (Sara)

•  Merryland Girl (Melissa)

1 comment:

  1. i'm glad you can look back on your year and smile. :)

    ReplyDelete