Thursday, October 25, 2012

"Find Your Understanding"

This week for the Thursday Blog Project, Susanna ask us to write about our favorite commercial and why it's our favorite commercial.

When we were given this topic I immediately thought of this one:



Now, I can't say that this is my "all time favorite" commercial, but it's pretty damn close.

The reasons I like this commercial are as follows:

  • Use of the "product" (in this case, Expedia's travel services) are implied, not explicitedly thrown in your face.
  • Like the memoirs I love to read oh-so-much, it tells someones story of a journey they took and where they are now in their life.
  • It expresses a two viewpoints on a controversial issue of our time in a calm manner.
Over all, I think this is a smart, articulate and well-made commercial and, as far as I know, the first of its kind.

Now that I've told you about my (recent) favorite commercial, please take a moment to read what my fellow bloggers have to say about their favorite commercials.


 • Merryland Girl (Melissa)

Mom of Many (Susanna)

 • Momarock (Sara)

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you shared this. I remember when you showed it to me a few weeks ago. Very touching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had never seen this commercial before today. Thank you for sharing it- as Melissa said, very touching!

    ReplyDelete