Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Books, books, and more books!

One of the unexpected things that has taken place in my life in 2012 is that I'm big into writing book reviews for the blog Chick Lit Central.

Originally, my involvement with the blog was suppose to be behind the scene working on social media, publicity and whatever else I could help out with.  However, back in February/March through a series of events I ended up writing my first book review for the site.  It was the book, "Let's Pretend This Never Happend" by Jenny Lawson.

From there my role at the blog changed.  I would remain doing behind the scenes work for them, but also write reviews of memoirs since I am a self-proclaimed memoir junkie.  Before I knew it, I had a stack of books to review. Since my first review, I've written seven other reviews and am currently working on my eight, even though it's not going to be posted until early 2013 since the book is scheduled to publish on February 5, 2013. However, all the reviews I have published thus far are below:

"Making Piece" by Beth Howard

"Mum's List" by St. John Greene 

"Let's Pretend This Never Happened" by Jenny Lawson

"Wedding Cake for Breakfast" edited by Kim Perel and Wendy Sherman

"Unorthodox" by Deborah Feldman (Joint review with Melissa Amster)

"My Boyfriend Wrote a Book About Me" by Hilary Wilson

"In the Pink" by Susan McBribe

"Boy Meets Girl" by Meg Cabot

When I look at the above list, I smile.  A lot of those books have side stories associated with them.  For instance, "Making Piece" got me addicted to pie baking.  My "Mum's List" got praise from the publisher's publicist. (This was a first.)  And, I was suppose to review "Boy Meets Girl" back in February, but instead ended up writing an author tribute to Tori Spelling.  (I'm not quite sure how I got from Meg Cabot to Tori Spelling, but I somehow did.)

In addition to my reviews for CLC, in the coming months it is my hope to start post book reviews on this blog as well.  Some of the books will be in the Women's Literature genre, but not all of them.  Though I enjoy reading books in this genre, there are books in other genres I enjoy reading as well and would like to write reviews of as well.

It is my hope, that you (whoever you may be) will take time to read my reviews, and even comment on them if you are so inclined.  Additionally,  will also continue to post my latest and greatest CLC book reviews as well.

There is a lot more reading to be done going forward, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment