Thursday, October 11, 2012

Also Known As ... Shayna Reamington

After a serious topic last week, Sara gave us the following topic for this week's Thursday Blog Project:  We've all heard of creating your own "stripper name" based on this equation: your first pet= first name. Street you grew up on= last name. What is your stripper name? And, tell us about that first pet and the street you grew up on that inspired your name.

When I applied to my life, the equation yields the following name: Shayna Reamington

HOT name, isn't it?!

My first name, Shayna, is for the cat I adopted in December 2002.  I got her from a local shelter called Orphans of the Storm.  I still remember that day as if it were yesterday.  My BFF came with me.  After looking at all the cats in cages I went into the cat room.  I tried to get some of them to come over to me, but my BFF suggested that I just wait for one to come to me.  So I did.  That's when I met Shayna.  She was a short hair domestic, tortoise color, 8-month-old cat.  After playing with her for a few minute I knew she was "my cat".

There were many things I loved about Diva Shayna, but the thing that stands out to me is our Sunday morning time together.  After I got home from the gym, I would sit on my sofa, eat breakfast and read the newspaper with my beloved cat sitting right next to me.

I had "Diva Shayna" for about a year and a half (give or take a few months) and cried when I choose to give her away.  Thankfully, I know that she is alive and well, living with the individual whom adopted her after me.  (Yay!)

My last name, Reamington, is a blend of two streets that I would say I "grew up" on.  One was in the city and the other in the suburbs.  Of the two places I liked the city locale the most.  Mainly because there are more happy memories there than at the house in the burbs.

Now that I've given you some background on my "stripper name," please take a moment to see what my fellow bloggers have to say about their "stripper names":

 • Momarock (Sara)

Merryland Girl (Melissa)

Mom of Many (Susanna) 

4 comments:

  1. I liked your house in the burbs. It had that cool TV room. I would sometimes picture it when I was reading novels and needed a house for the characters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that was a great stripper name! ;) The story about Shayna was very touching. I am glad you were able to find her a good home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, Mel! That's so sweet of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Sara! I miss Shayna, but it's nice to know she's alive and doing well. I'll always have a special place in my heart for her.

    ReplyDelete