Thursday, June 14, 2012

Dear Froggie: A Letter To My Younger Self

Dear Froggie:

Happy 32nd Birthday!!!

I hope you enjoyed your Deerfield's Bakery birthday cake, and have a fond recollection of how yummy it tasted. Sadly, this cake is the last sweet thing you're going to "taste" for a while, so please savor the memory.

As much as I hate to be the bearer of bad news, I think you should know your gut feeling that things in your life are shifting for the worse is in fact, correct.

You're heading towards very rough waters, my friend. Things that you would have never imagined taking place in your life, will happen to you. So, before you make your way into the storm, know these two things:

• There will be times you'll question your strength and ability to make it through this period of time... Try to keep this self-doubt to a minimum as you will persevere.

• There is rhyme and reason to all this; though right now you continuously question WHY all these craptastic things are happening, know that it will all make sense one day.

(I realize these seem trite, but they are SO true!)

As much as I hate it, there is nothing I can do to make the journey you're about to embark on easier so let me give you an idea of what you have to look forward to:

• Great Passion -- For the things you're doing and the people you surround yourself with.

• An immense appreciation for the simple things life has to offer.

• A type of happiness you've never experienced before.

• Letting your brilliance shine through. (There is nothing wrong with being modest, but when you put your awesomeness on display, people do take notice.)

• Seeing your dreams become reality.

• Pie ... Trust me on this one, when the time is right this will totally make sense.

Oh, and one last thing . . . Remember, it's not only your mind that needs to stay open; your heart needs some fresh air as well.

Stay strong (I know you will) and believe in the goodness that lies ahead.

XOXO,

Your 36-year-old self


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For the Thursday Blog Project, I asked my fellow bloggers to write a "Dear Me" letter (to any point in time in their life).

Now that I have shared my words of advice to my 32-year-old self, please take a moment to see what my fellow bloggers have to say in their letters:


Momarock (Sara)

Mom of Many (Susanna)

Merryland Girl (Melissa)

No comments:

Post a Comment