Monday, May 14, 2012

I Love You Lou's!

For last week's Thursday blog project, Susanna asked us to write about: Pizza wars... is New York Style better than New Haven? What about Deep Dish. Let's talk about our favorite pizza. Why do you like the kind you do and what sort of toppings make it perfect?

I go through cycles with Pizza. For a period of time, I would get a Take N' Bake from my local grocery store once a week for dinner. From time-to-time I'd get a deep dish "pie" from my local pizzeria. Then, all of the sudden, I'd stop.

With all this in mind, my favorite type of pizza without a doubt is deep dish pizza. And if I'm really going for what I truly love, it's a simple piece of Lou Malnati's deep dish pizza. It's funny to single-out ONE restaurant for their deep dish pizza, but I guess it's not totally crazy. (I mean, I'm the same person who will only get Chai Lattes at Starbucks because as far as I'm concerned no other coffee place I've tried makes it to my liking.)

Actually, I love Lou's so much that when I was getting married to The Ex, and was asked where I wanted the bridal shower to be I choose Lou Malnati's. My mom wasn't to keen on the idea, but in the end I got what I wanted -- it was fantastic as far as I was concerned!

Every once in awhile I'll go for thin crust. When that happens, I'm all about a place in the Chicagoland area called Jake's. I've been eating Jake's since I was in high school. They undoubtedly have the best thin crust in area. (IMO) However, I still fondly think of Lou's.

Now that I've shared my thoughts on my pizza preferences, please take a moment to see what my fellow bloggers have to say about their thoughts on Pizza Wars:


Mom of Many (Susanna)

Merryland Girl (Melissa)

Momarock (Sara)

1 comment:

  1. Glad we got to have Lou's together the last time I saw you. :)

    ReplyDelete